Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rittermd
Master
Master

Anyone have nPrinting 17.1 working with Qlik Sense?

We ran into an issue with not being able to preview a template or schedule a report to actually run.  I can connect to an app and build a template.  But can't go any further than that.

I know that Qlik is working on this bug.  But I was wondering if anyone actually has it working or if this is a global issue that affects everyone?

If it is an environmental issues I would love to know so that maybe I could work around it.

Also, with what I could do I found a couple of frustating things that hopefully can be changed in future releases.

1.  To build the connection you have to actually have the app ID.  Annoying to have to go look up.  Not the end of the world.  But would be nice if you could pick the app by name instead.

2.  When building the template and loading objects you have no name or description of the objects unless you gave it a Title in the actual App.  Without the title there is no way to identify the object from the list.  And there are times that you don't want to give the object a title in the actual dashboard.  So you are kind of forced to do this.

39 Replies
berryandcherry6
Creator II
Creator II

Hi philipp,

i am facing some serious issues in Nprinting 17.1.2.0 and Qliksense 3.0.

In pixel perfect report

1.) i am not able to view all rows, shows only first row of table added.

2.) Not able to add charts with multiple expression.works for one expression and one Dimension.

Are these known issues?

Or is there any workaround for this so that i need to be aware of?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Stephen_Jasionowski

Mark - the technical preview of 17.2 is available: NPrinting 17.2 Technical Preview

rittermd
Master
Master
Author

Just tried it with 17.2 and 3.0.1 and still can not preview a report if I insert an image.  Even in html format.

Still working with Qlik on this.

mphowlett
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Mark,

Did you ever get this resolved? I am in exactly the same situation as you. Two server installation, nPrinting 17.2 and Sense 3.0.1 on different servers and it will not work with images. We also have QlikView 11.2 SR15 and everything works perfectly with this, but all that works with Sense are tabular reports only. As soon as I add an image the designer just hangs until killed.

I am also working with Qlik to try and resolve this and will continue the investigation on Monday..

Thanks,

Matt

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I've also got this problem. As soon as I add an image from Qlik Sense to the report and click preview the designer hangs. And if I try to generate a report and get it emailed to me nothing happens. Nprinting has been upgraded to 17.2 but that didn't resolve the problem. Please update this thread as soon as you have any news regarding this issue.

Best Regards

Hampus Andersson

berryandcherry6
Creator II
Creator II

HI,

It might be because of Low memory, So check this.

Go to Task  Manager --> Performance --> Check memory usage.

If it is more, Restart nprinting server once. This could be the problem for hanging of nprinting.

philipp_kunz
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi I just received this trick.

just add the

http://localhost

to your trusted sites in internet explorer... wired... but could help!

Best Philipp

mphowlett
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi,

Thanks for the replies and advice, I have now finally got everything working. The underlying issue was with the SSL certificates (I think) that were created on the Qlik Sense server (not the certificates that are installed via Qlik Sense when the repository starts).

We recreated the certificate and added it to the cert store, I then checked that I could still access the hub using HTTPS without any warnings as a normal domain user.

I then logged onto the nPrinting server as the domain service account that is running the nPrinting Engine service, opened up IE and made sure that I could open up the hub using HTTPS without any navigation warnings.

I then recreated all apps, connections and reports and everything has worked fine, I can even publish to the Qlik Sense hub in PDF, Powerpoint  without any issues.

A couple of things that I think could do with being made more clear in the installation process (or at least we needed to do) are:

1. You need to install with a local account but then you need to change to a domain account to run the engine and connect to Qlik Sense.
  2. That domain account needs to be added as root admin in the QMC (this fixed our connection to an app/generating metadata issue)
  3. Certificates seem to be the key (particularly with image related errors) and I think your SSL certificate that is installed on the Qlik Sense server is what should be added as the thumbprint in the Hub.

Basically...if you can log onto the nPrinting server as the service account, navigate to the Qlik Sense hub using HTTPS without any warnings and open up an application then I think your environment/config should be pretty much OK.

Thanks again for all the help,

Matt

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Matt,

"..your SSL certificate that is installed on the Qlik Sense server is what should be added as the thumbprint in the Hub"

Can you be more specific about this last part? Especially what should be added (where) and how?

Many thanks for your response,

Radek

yujiyamane
Creator II
Creator II

I had the same issue and resolved with the internet option configurations.

Just for your informaiton..