cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
timothyj
Creator
Creator

NPrinting Recipient Filter by Report

Using NPrinting 16, I am importing filters with  my email import. I need to send two reports to each salesperson, at different times. One needs to use the imported recipient filter and one does not. I have been Googling and have been unable to find any mention of this. (I may be querying incorrectly.) Is there some syntax I can use, or conditional statement, that will only apply the filter on one report and not the other? These two reports are coming from the same qvw, and connection.

2 Replies
timothyj
Creator
Creator
Author

I found a method. I import the recipient filters with the email load, and then on the reports I do not want to use the filter(s) applied on, i create a report filter(s) with no value, which seems to clear the filter, since it is applied after the recipient filter. I would still be curious about other methods, if anybody knows any.

mikecrengland
Creator III
Creator III

I'm running into the same issue. My work around was to create separate recipients for each report with the report name appended to the person's name. Something like "John Doe - SDReport". Then they can have report-specific filters. It feels like the wrong way and that it should be easier, but at least it solves the problem.

mike