Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to get KPI of average calls per person per month

Hello,

I am trying to make a KPI object that shows average number of calls per person per month. I currently have the following script but can not get the per month part of the calculation. Any assistance is appreciated.

Count({$<[Liason Type]={'MSL'},[Product: Description]={'Apples'}>} DISTINCT [Call: Call ID])/count [Datetime.autoCalendar.Month]

51 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be this:

Avg(Aggr(Count({$<[Liason Type]={'MSL'},[Product: Description]={'Apples'}>} DISTINCT [Call: Call ID]), [Datetime.autoCalendar.Month], PersonIDDimension))

Not applicable
Author

Appreciate the assistance!

This is on the right track. I now get a value returned for the KPI. However, the value looks like it is each month's average added together. I can take care of this by dividing the value by the number of months. However, I have data for two years and want to be able to be able to show this KPI for 2015 and 2016 separately. 

Any suggestions on how to accomplish this?

sunny_talwar

Not sure what you want exactly, but may be like this:

For 2015

Avg({<Year = {2015}>}Aggr(Count({$<[Liason Type]={'MSL'},[Product: Description]={'Apples'}>} DISTINCT [Call: Call ID]),[Datetime.autoCalendar.Month], PersonIDDimension))

For 2016

Avg({<Year = {2016}>}Aggr(Count({$<[Liason Type]={'MSL'},[Product: Description]={'Apples'}>} DISTINCT [Call: Call ID]),[Datetime.autoCalendar.Month], PersonIDDimension))

Not applicable
Author

Thanks. When I use use either of these scripts, I get a value of zero. I am using 'Liaison Type' as my PersonIDDimension, is this OK? This field indicates the type of person that performed the call.

sunny_talwar

I believe so. What is your year field called? Year or something else? Did you replace the above year field name with the field name you have within your application?

Not applicable
Author

I was trying to use the Qlik generated year field, '[Datetime.autoCalendar.Year]' however, I do have a have a 'DateTime' field that contains the date and time in the following format: MM/MM/YYYY XX:XX

Should I use the 'DateTime' field in place of 'Year' in the suggested script?

sunny_talwar

Yes, I would suggest you to try that out and see if that helps:

Year(DateTime) as Year

Not applicable
Author

Sorry for the novice question. Where should I place this script? When I try in the fx editor on the data, I get an error in script...

sunny_talwar

Within the table where you have the date field

LOAD Date,

Year(Date) as Year,

FROM ...