Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Upper and lower bound limit

Hi Qlikview experts,

I have set of data several days worth of data with millions of records that have time stamps (e.g. every minute of 5 minute intervals) and several columns containing various information.

To simplify, the columns of interest are:

Time Stamp, User Name, network id, user status, region, throughput

Network status value is either IN or OUT

I am trying to create a chart showing number of distinct users accessing the network over the time (e.g. on hourly basis) or with variable interval and plotting upper and lower bound limit (w/ 95% confidence  interval). In this case user status will need to be IN.

What I did was

Dimension = Hour (Time Stamp)

Expression is

count({<[user_status]={'*IN*'}>}distinct([User Name]))

While  I can simply show the above expression in the chart, the lower and upper limit w/95% confidence is not properly shown.

Any suggestion how this should be done. Is there any aggregation function that should to be used here?

If I wanted to do the same thing for throughput (e.g. using sum(throughput)), will it be the same expression to be used?

Showing

Also I'd like to be able to show the same thing when changing the dimension to a calculated dimension like below

Timestamp((Ceil([Time Stamp],1/IntervalSize)),'DD-MMM-hh:mm')

The interval size for various period (15 min, 30 min , 1 hour, etc.) is predefined in the loading script.

34 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Please find attached data sample in the original post

sunny_talwar

I was hoping to see a qvw file where you already have created the variable and chart. Would it be possible to share that?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Unfortunately the real data with qvw file  contains sensitive information that I can't publish in public. I'll see if I can generate similar output with different data. It seems sample file is not showing the expected pattern as I posted.

sunny_talwar

Not sure if you have already seen this, but this thread can address your sensitive information issues

Preparing examples for Upload - Reduction and Data Scrambling

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny,

Please find attached the qvw file. Hope you an play with it and suggest the solution

sunny_talwar

Is this the issue?

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes, that is the issue. What is missing from my expression

sunny_talwar

I think that's how QlikView will display AKAIK. May be marcowedel‌ can offer some advice here.

Best,

Sunny

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny, how did you manage to get that chart displayed correctly on your

end?

Anything wrong with the expression that I used?

sunny_talwar

Is this what you wanted? I thought this was not right. I think you need to use your color expression in the background color and not as another expression

Capture.PNG