Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Copying QlikView Script Fast

I have a Qlikview script in about 20 tabs. Is there a quick way for me to extract it without copying and pasting each tab? I have Personal Edition, and I wanted the script with someone else. Thanks.

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

File---> Export to Script file  .. This will be save whole script in QVS format with single click from all tabs. You can open it with notepad to view the script.You can share this file and and they can load QVS file by using include file.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Are you asking about inbuilt options or thru macro

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Hi Igor,

Creating a -prj directory will copy the entire script in single text file.

• Create a prj folder. It will be in the same folder as the qvw and use the qvw name (case sensitive) with -prj appended. Say for example your file name is "Test.qvw", then you have to create the folder name as "Test-prj".

• Open,save and close the qvw. That will populate the files in prj folder.

• Now, open the Load script.txt file, you can see the entire script like below screen shot.

Capture.PNG

I have attached the sample file for better understanding!!

Good luck.

marcus_sommer

AFAIK the personal edition didn't support prj-folders (it would violate the sharing-restrictions). Therefore it could be done per storing the script into a file like above mentioned or per Re: Macro to export Script.

- Marcus

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Hi Markus

Thank you. I am not aware about the restrictions.

Hi Igor,

You can use any one of the solution mentioned by Velagapudi Praveena / Markus Sommer.