Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

What are ERP data model in Qlikview and how many types of the data model can use in Qlikview?

What are ERP data model in Qlikview and how many types of the data model can use in Qlikview?

Can anyone explain clearly ?

8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Not applicable
Author

Well, Praveena.

Thanks for your respond.

Expect Star & Snow flake schema, have any other schema or other Data model available?

Can you explain what is ERP data model in Qlikview?

jayaseelan
Creator III
Creator III

marcus_sommer

In my opinion there is no need to think about ERP datastructures within qlik which are mainly based on relational databases with normalized data. In qlik you will usually use only a very small part from the ERP system and datastructures are rather de-normalized and works best with a star-schema - whereby it's quite common to have some kind of mixed model-schema.

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

My suggestion is to strive for the star schema, because it give best performance.

And, like Marcus wrote, do not think in terms of relational databases.  Rather think in terms of associations.

Not applicable
Author

Dear Marcus,

I agree but some projects start with only ERP data, for that scenario - which kind of data will be in ERP?

In an interview, I faced this question and I answered for that but the interviewer was expected more information about ERP data model and what kind of data will be available in ERP.

Not applicable
Author

Dear Jayaseelan,

Wonderful PDF about ERP, hope it helps for me to know more about ERP.

I appreciate your quick response.

marcus_sommer

I think this couldn't be answered in general. There are too many different ones. Maybe it's useful to start here: Enterprise resource planning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

- Marcus