Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hlines_usacs
Creator II
Creator II

Default Selection from Filter Pane when App is Opened

Hello,

When I open an app, I would like there to be a selection already made before I click on anything else. Is there a way to make this automatically select a value from the filter pane "Reporting Month" field?

Default Selection.jpg

20 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Hannah - thanks for your question.

Take a look a these two discussion threads first and let me know if they are inline of what you are looking for:

If not we can attempt to work on another sample that will work for you.

let me know.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable

HI Haanah,  when you going to import APP from Qliksense Desktop to HUB, in Desktop top version clear all selections then save APP then import to HUB then your problem be  resloved

hlines_usacs
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Mike,

Thanks for the response. I downloaded the example from the second link you had posted and imported it. When I first open the example app, it shows 2015 as the year selected. How does this selection get set and saved so when I close the app and reopen, it is still selected?

I would need it to be dynamic to select the most recent Reporting Month in my app.

default selection example1.jpg

Thanks,

Hannah

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Hannah -

Sorry, that was a red herring, it gave the appearance of what you were after - but that is not the case. Referencing what Srini mentioned (thanks Srini) - that is a way to clear the previous selection from a save app on Desktop when you are importing to Qlik Sense Server from Desktop. I believe our products team fixed that behavior.

The way default selections will work is through the use of SET Analysis statements in the chart objects, I will create a sample for you and attach it to the next discussion post.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Hannah - check out the 2nd sheet in the app I attached:

It used Set Analysis to set the default month for the KPI object:

Sum({$<Month={'$(=Month(Today()))'}>}Sales)

Check out this 2 part video series on Set Analysis to give you some background

A Beginners' Introduction to Set Analysis (video)

Unfortunately I do not know of way to just have a selection chosen by default that is dynamic other than this method. The other approach is to use a bookmark for the selected month, and click the book mark to open the app, but when the month changes a new bookmark would need to be created.

Let me know how you are progressing and if this method is usable, otherwise I will ask around.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

I attached one more (hannah.qvf) - this one takes into account current selections. So the KPI will always show the current month - but if you have selections for different months it will display those as well:

The expression for the Measure in the chart will be:

If(getselectedcount(Month)<>1, Sum({<Month={"$(=Month(Today()))"}>} Sales ),

Sum({<Month={"$(=getfieldselections(Month))"}>} Sales ))

If using Qlik Sense Desktop Please copy .qvf file to your C:\Users\<user profile>\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Apps and refresh Qlik Sense Desktop with F5  - or import into QMC under APPs and access from the My Work section of the Qlik Sense server hub.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Yes - open two browser windows:

One with the reload script, one with the dashboard and your pre-selected values.

Reload the script and let it finish while you keep the second window with your selections open. When the app finished reloading, it saves down the file and keeps your current selection as the default app selection for anyone opening it.

hlines_usacs
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks Martin. This did work and did save the selection. BUT when the next month's data is loaded in, I would need to perform these actions again to have the new month selected, instead of it dynamically selecting the most recent month for the selection.

hlines_usacs
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks for the examples, but I don't believe this is going to accomplish what I would like it to. Bookmarks would be a solution, but like you mention, a new one would need to be created each month to have the most recent month selected. Thanks for the help though!