Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to load multiple headers from a crosstable into QV

Hie Experts

I'm new to Qlikview, I'm having problems trying to load a cross-table into Qlikview and my file is an excel file. The file has three header columns and also dates on top.I have uploaded the file above, if you can show  me how to do it, and also is there a smart way to handle dates in Qlikview.

You can post the script for me,because I'm using a personal edition Qlikview so I wont be able to open qvw.

8 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

You want to show same thing in qlikview.

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
Not applicable
Author

I think this link (Loading Cross Tables) will give you what you need. It is a video on loading crosstables.

Also, here is the script as this link has a qvw that you will not be able to load.

CrossTable(Quarter, Sales)
LOAD [Sales Rep],
[Q1 2010],
[Q2 2010],
[Q3 2010],
[Q4 2010],
[Q1 2011],
[Q2 2011],
[Q3 2011],
[Q4 2011],
[Q1 2012],
[Q2 2012],
[Q3 2012],
[Q4 2012]
FROM
[Data.xlsx]
(
ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1, filters(
Remove(Row, RowCnd(CellValue, 1, StrCnd(contain, 'Total'))),
Replace(1, top, StrCnd(null))
));

Here are the results in the qvw:

Hope this works for you!

- Stan

Not applicable
Author

Hi Anil babu,sorry for the late response,Yes i want to show the same thing in Qlikview.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Stan Bennett

Thank you for the link to the video,but thats not what Im looking for,because the excel file has three headers whereas the video i just showing the basic with one header column

Frank_Hartmann
Master II
Master II

have a look here:

multi_header_pivot_import.qvw

hope this helps!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

can you please post the sample data and script from this QVW.

Frank_Hartmann
Master II
Master II

inside the zip file you will find a qvs (scriptfile )file which you can use in your qvw.

or you open this file with an editor and paste the content to your script.

hope this helps

Nox
Contributor
Contributor

Did you find a solution to load a multi header excel file ?