Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bar Chart like Pivot Table

I want to create a chart with ACCOUNT GROUPINGS on the Y Axis and MONTH on the X axis

The main expression would be SUM of SALES, therefore showing the fluctuation of sales over time by ACCOUNT GROUPINGS

I can easily do this with a pivot table chart, but I would like to create a visualization such as a line or bar. There should be a SEPARATE bar/line for every possible value of ACCOUNT GROUPINGS which share the same MONTH X axis.

Is this possible?

Bonus: I would also like to display percentage change month over month for each individual account grouping.

Thank you,

- dave

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

MONTH , ACCOUNT GROUPINGS--> Dimension

Sum(Sales) --> Expression

Style--> Grouped for separate bars.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

MONTH , ACCOUNT GROUPINGS--> Dimension

Sum(Sales) --> Expression

Style--> Grouped for separate bars.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the answer but that does not work. In your suggestion Sum(Sales) is still on the X- Axis. I am trying to get the MONTH on the axis.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

As you mention, you created pivot for then right. Would you be to provide that pivot table with us. So that, we can check what you did from there.

Then, we will help you for visualisation

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

promote / demote your dimensions to change your X-axis dimension  or download some demos from qlik demos site for reference

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
Digvijay_Singh

Are you sure on this, I doubt because if you take Month as first dimension, it will surely be on X Axis. Account grouping if taken as second dimension will be shown using separate bars/stacked bar as per style setting and height of bar on Y-axis will indicate the expression sum(sales) ( as long as you have 2 dim and 1 exp).

If you can share sample, that would be helpful.