Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to do this in Pivot Table

I have a dimension less pivot table and I want to get rid of the row as show below. is it possible. pls see qvw and excel file attached.

hide1strow.PNG

Many Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

How about using a straight table?

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

19 Replies
sunny_talwar

How about using a straight table?

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny, how were you able to list expressions at row level? when you add expns in a straight table, they get added to the right. that is why I chose pivot table. can you pls explain. Thanks

sunny_talwar

‌On the Presentation tab of straight table, you will find the option to check 'Horizontal', this will change the view of your chart to how you see in the image above.

Best,

Sunny

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Sunny!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny, is it possible to have only 'Total Liability' (Expression Label) in red font? the expression itself can be done but can the label be done as well?

sunny_talwar

May be using an alternative technique to do this then

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

That was awesome. additionally, I needed metrics number to be red and for that I did as in the image.

dim1_font functions.PNG

so from the expression you used,

Pick(Dim1,

$(V_assets),

Num($(V_Equity_per), '##.00%'),

$(V_Liability),

$(V_Stock),

$(V_Expenses))

Liability gets the value Dim1 =3....? can you pls explain how this logic works. I know I am asking for a lot.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny is it possible to flip the positions of the colmns. so can I have numbers in 1st coumn and text in 2nd?

sunny_talwar

You sure can. Add a new expression Dim with the same settings that we applied to the actual dimension.

Capture.PNG

One the presentation tab, hide the actual dimension

Capture.PNG