Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Script is doing - ?something? after a MsgBox

Hi,

is there any way I can find out about this?

My new app is supposed to be run by the users locally, so I have an InputBox and several MsgBox commands in the script.

Sometimes after a MsgBox is displayed and the processing is actually finished (there is an EXIT SCRIPT), the system continues doing something and one cannot click on the "OK" button for a little while. I know that can happen if there are some synthetic keys that the system has to compute, but there are no keys at all. There are three or four tables, but for the diagrams on the GUI, only one is needed.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

Hi DataNibbler,

even without synthetic keys could be some significant overhead after finishing the script - if the dataset is large or the associations are complex, for example detecting if there are any consecutive fields which will be treated like autonumber-fields and quite probably there are something more.

Another point are statements like Must_Include which will be executed even after an exit script statement - and I won't be surprised if there other specialities which have an unexpected behaviour.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Not afaik. After an exit script there will be some cleaning up and then writing the file to disk. There won't be any output from this in the log file.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
marcus_sommer

Hi DataNibbler,

even without synthetic keys could be some significant overhead after finishing the script - if the dataset is large or the associations are complex, for example detecting if there are any consecutive fields which will be treated like autonumber-fields and quite probably there are something more.

Another point are statements like Must_Include which will be executed even after an exit script statement - and I won't be surprised if there other specialities which have an unexpected behaviour.

- Marcus

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Ah, ok.

Well, the dataset is quite large and it isn't too bad anyway, it was only a bit surprising to me - still the users are happy, so I am happy too, that is all well and good.

Thank you!

Best regards,

DataNibbler