Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tabletuner
Creator III
Creator III

server doenst show documents to plugin / desktop client

Dear Forum,

I've tried to upgrade from qlikview version 8.5 to qlikview sr1 v. 10.00.8815.6.

First i uninstalled the old qv server and other components. Next i installed the qv server. The user i used was called 'qvuser'. Everything seems to work fine. Got all services running. However, when a client tries to open a document from his client machine, the server doenst display any documents to the client user. Connection succeeds but the list of documents is empty. However, the strange thing is that the server does show documents to the qvuser if those credentials are used at the client machine. This applies to both qv plugin client and fat desktop client.

Side information:

The qv server is located on a vmware server outside the client domain.

qv server 8.5 had no authorization problems of this kind.

Windows 2003 sr2; 16gb ram

qvplugin v. 10.00.8815.6

It looks like the qv server doenst allow all users except qvuser to use any documents. Are there any authorization experts that have a clue whats going on here?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Tjeerd

3 Replies
erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

QVS 10 will check NT Authorization and sectons access before presenting the list of documents.

I would try to check if the login the client use has any rights on the files on the server or if the section access is based on NTNAME, check if the client is there

Not applicable

Can you check your access for QV Doccument at the same machine using access ponit by local host.

Second you should check your cal assigning process.

Third Default QVUSER(THIS WILL BE CREATED AT THE TIME OF INSTALLATION OF SERVER AUTOMATICALLY TO ALL THE GROUPS AND USER).

or you can wait for other Gurus comments on ur post.

tabletuner
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks for the input guys. I got it working using DMS authorization instead of NTFS and addind the anonymous user to each user document. However i still think this is strange because NTFS authorization DID work in my previous version (8.5).