Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview Accesspoint not accessible from Client machine

Hi All,

We are using QV 11.20.12742.0 When we remotely login to the server and open Qlikview Accesspoint, we can open it, and it works as expected.

But, when we copy the same URL( http://localhost/QvAJAXZfc/opendoc.htm?document=Golf%20Quest.qvw&host=Local ) in the client's laptop and replace localhost with the server name, it doesn't open.

It prompts for the login credentials, and we are using the credentials for the same user, who can login to the server and access the reports.(This user has Admin rights).

Once we enter the credentials, it gives an error: "Failed to open document. File not found."

What are the things I can check?

I am using IIS webserver.

Thanks in advance.

Karan

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Karan,

I suspect the issue in two ways.

1. Access Accesspoint to the IIS server itself .

Try accessing the servername.domain.com and check if you are able to get a IIS default page.

Try servername.domain.com/qlikview and check if you can see the accesspoint with the specified user.

2. If both of them are working, then the issue is with the Opendoc URL.

try to connect to the dashboard from Client's accesspoint and copy the URL again.

CheatSheat: http://localhost/QvAJAXZfc/opendoc.htm?document=Golf%20Quest.qvw&host=Local

Localhost - should be replaced by your servername.domain.com

Document= make sure document path is correct

host= this holds your QVServer name. check the same in QMC.

We are not checking anything on authentication and authorization as the same user works on server.

Thanks

Maheswaran.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Do you see the Golf Quest.qvw document in the access point if you open the access point from the laptop?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Karan,

I suspect the issue in two ways.

1. Access Accesspoint to the IIS server itself .

Try accessing the servername.domain.com and check if you are able to get a IIS default page.

Try servername.domain.com/qlikview and check if you can see the accesspoint with the specified user.

2. If both of them are working, then the issue is with the Opendoc URL.

try to connect to the dashboard from Client's accesspoint and copy the URL again.

CheatSheat: http://localhost/QvAJAXZfc/opendoc.htm?document=Golf%20Quest.qvw&host=Local

Localhost - should be replaced by your servername.domain.com

Document= make sure document path is correct

host= this holds your QVServer name. check the same in QMC.

We are not checking anything on authentication and authorization as the same user works on server.

Thanks

Maheswaran.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Gysbert and Maheswaran, The issue was with the Document URL not in place.

the host in the URL should be host=QVS<MachineName>.

I wasn't using QVS there. I compared it with QMC and it helped.

Thanks again for the help.

Karan