Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
richard_cioci
Creator
Creator

Is there a way around always one selected value or a way to change that selection for NPrinting?

I have a qvw which has an important field that is always one selected value.

I need a Nprinting report to cycle through the items in this field for a specific chart, and when I do that using levels or pages it only gives me the currently selected value for fields with 'always one selected value' enabled in QlikView.

I cannot disable the always one selected value because of the way the dashboard is used. I also find it cumbersome to create a duplicate of every single dashboard that uses always one selected value and to disable it in the duplicate just to allow for the Nprinting to bypass this issue. Is there a way for me to change the always one selected value? Would using a bookmark as a filter work?

Thanks,

Richard

6 Replies
richard_cioci
Creator
Creator
Author

Actually, just thought of something. as a last resort workaround, If NPrinting will pick up a hidden sheet, could I make a copy of the graphs I need but within a different alternate state where there is no one selected value applied? It's still more work, but at least I don't have to binary and reload a whole new qvw each time.... Any other plan A's before I have to do this?

Stephen_Jasionowski

NPrinting only supports the default state. It does not support alternate states.

richard_cioci
Creator
Creator
Author

Ok, so ignore the alternate states idea then.

What if the expression for the table/graph is composed to ignore the field selection? Would that work?

Stephen_Jasionowski

If it's in the expression, that should be OK.

sbbazaldua0826
Contributor
Contributor

Another option would be to make a copy of the qvw itself for NPrinting use only and turn off the always one selected value. Pages would then work perfectly.  Granted this might also become cumbersome if enhancements to the app are ever made as you would have to now do that in 2 places, but this option I have used before and it has worked out well.   

richard_cioci
Creator
Creator
Author

Yea, I can't do that because then i have to maintain an extra copy of many dashboards whenever a change is made, more work that way for a one man team.