Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II

Help required in getting the required output in a variable.

I have below 2 table which contains columns as mentioned below.

Existing_Files:

File Location                                                               QVD_DATE
-----------------                                                               ----------------

C:\ProgramFiles\QVD\Employee_M.2016_05.qvd     2016_05
C:\ProgramFiles\QVD\Employee_M.2016_06.qvd     2016_06

New_Files:

NEW_DATE
----------------
2016_07

So what we need is if 2016_07 does not exists in Existing_Files table then value in the variable should be zNewDates='2016_07','2016_06'.

If 2016_07 already exists in the Existing_Files table like below then the value in the varialble should be zNewDates='2016_07'

Existing_Files:

File Location                                                               QVD_DATE
-----------------                                                               ----------------

C:\ProgramFiles\QVD\Employee_M.2016_05.qvd     2016_05
C:\ProgramFiles\QVD\Employee_M.2016_06.qvd     2016_06
C:\ProgramFiles\QVD\Employee_M.2016_07.qvd     2016_07

New_Files:

NEW_DATE
----------------
2016_07

Can someone help me to get the required output?

2 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

What is your objective? Do you want to load the latest file?

how to Load only the latest files?

Load latest Excel file to Qlikview

qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II
Author

The objective here is, we receive the data on weekly basis but we store it as a monthly qvd. So in some cases we receive 2 months data in one month but the proc_date date will be the latest date.

If we receive data for 27th Jun to 1st Jul and the proc_date here is 1st Jul. Since we generate the monthly QVD based on the proc_date. In this case it will generate only Jul month qvd and it will not generate jun month qvd again. So transact for 27thjun to 30th jun will be lost.

So take care of this we need to create this block and so that whenever the new month comes it generates previous month as well as new month.

Let me know if you have any questions.