Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikegrattan
Creator III
Creator III

Is the Essbase Connector compatible with Qlik Sense?

I installed the connector on my Qlik Sense server but I do not see it listed as a data connection option.  Please advise.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pascal_theurot
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Essbase connector is now built-in with installation

Pascal

View solution in original post

6 Replies
adelmeire
Contributor II
Contributor II

No answer? I'm interested too

CarmenReilly
Former Employee
Former Employee

There is no Essbase connector for Qlik Sense. However, what you can do is create the connection using the Essbase connector in QlikView, then paste the script into Qlik Sense. In order for this to work - you will need to disable DATA LOADING Standard mode and revert to Legacy mode - instructions on how to do this are in the online help: Disable Standard Mode.

You can take a look at this post for more information and a video on converting from QlikView to Qlik Sense: Qlik Sense Desktop - Converting a QlikView Data Model (video)

pascal_theurot
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Essbase connector is now built-in with installation

Pascal
mikegrattan
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks, I forgot that this question was still open.  I have already been experimenting with the new built-in connector.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Mike,

Have used the Essbase connector to pull the data . I'm trying to do some reporting on Hyperion cube.

looking for the approach how can i do it .Its very laborious to pull the data at the leave level for each and every intersection with reference to smart-view.

mikegrattan
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Prashanthi,

The Essbase connector isn't the optimal way to pull data into Qlik unless you want to pull specific intersections of data.  Instead, I just use the same tables as the ones for loading my Essbase cube since they are already cleansed and ready to load.