Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView Server & QlikView Publisher & QlikView NPrinting

Has anyone installed QV Server, QV Publisher, and QV NPrinting before? I am planning to put QV Server on server A and QV Publisher & QV NPrinting on server B. If anyone has documents on their installations of all 3 please let me know - I couldn't find anything showing the install/deployment of all 3. Thanks!!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Matthew,

I installed all three on 3 separate servers but the process should be the same.  I've attached the document I put together to document the steps I followed to perform the install and config of the environment.  This document also includes install and config for the Web servers as well as the QMC which you'll probably need as well.

Good luck,

Vic

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Matthew,

I installed all three on 3 separate servers but the process should be the same.  I've attached the document I put together to document the steps I followed to perform the install and config of the environment.  This document also includes install and config for the Web servers as well as the QMC which you'll probably need as well.

Good luck,

Vic

Not applicable
Author

Vicente,

Thank you!!!!!! Much appreciated!

Do you see an issue installing the following?:

Server A:

- QV Server

- QV Webserver

- NPrinting Engine (if it needs to be where the reports are)

Server B:

- QV Management Console

- QV Directory

- QV Distributor (Publisher)

- NPrinting Server

- NPrinting Designer

Not applicable
Author

My landscape has all the NPrinting on a separate server.  That being said, I don't see an issue with what you are doing.  I will include a pdf or our landscape.

Also, keep in mind that the QVS is very RAM dependent and the Publisher is CPU dependent.  As far as storage, will you be using direct attached storage on the servers and sharing them out or will you be using a SAN?  NAS is not supported by QlikView and their file system is optimized for Windows files shares.

Cheers,

Vic

Not applicable
Author

I will keep the RAM and CPU dependencies in mind.

Honestly, not sure. The customer set it up. I think they are both VM's. I'm not very knowledgeable beyond that.

Thanks again for all of your documents!