cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

rank,aggr,dynamic dimension in a chart

Hi,

Everyone,I met a problem in below pic:

When I make a choose '2' with yellow color in the char "SelectBoard",then four CustID appear, not the correct number '2'

The corrent appearance is like below,

So could anyone know the reason or a solution? !

7 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

When you 'select' a value in an expression cell then you don't select that expression value, but you select all the dimension values used to calculate the expression value. That's one reason why you get that selection you see. There's no solution for that. You cannot select expression values.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
swuehl
MVP
MVP

If you make selections in a chart, you are basically selecting in the dimension values your grid cell is grouped by.

In your case, you are using calculated dimensions based on CustID, hence you are making selections in CustID (even if you don't see it in the chart, since you are also using set analysis to ignore CustID selections.

Create a list box for CustID and you will see the effect when selecting in your chart cell.

Not applicable
Author

thanks for your reply, but I donnot think so.  You may take a test  :  remove the rank function,then it works.

So,I think  RANK function is the reason, that it doesn't support the Pivot table enough.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Because, You have association with All CustID, See this Image

Capture.PNG

This Case, If you want to show same as your Graph, you can use this

Year1 Expression             sum({<Year1, CustID={'C002','C005'}>}QTY)

Year2 Expression             sum({<Year2, CustID={'C002','C005'}>}QTY)

Now, Image looks like this

Capture.PNG

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Not applicable
Author

thanks for your reply, but it's not the meaning with this case. Here is a dynamic dimensions chart, so ,your expression isn't suitable .

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Yes, Graphs will effect based from Data Model and Associative only, Have you seen the first image, You are selected two years then associative to All CustID. Would you explain more what you want to achieve so that we will show you different menthod

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Not applicable
Author

In the SelectBoard, Here means Levels change between two periods