cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlikview Data Extraction is slow

Hello,

I am using Qlikview 11.x version and I have two environments (DEVELOPMENT and TESTING) where Qlikview is installed. In DEV, the qlikview extracted 12 millions rows of data in 1 hour 20 mins~ whereas the same application in TEST environment has extracted about 2.5 million rows (and it is still extracting).

Environment Information:

DEV:

RAM - 96 GB

Processor - 4

Connection Type - ODBC

Database - Oracle 12c

TEST:

RAM - 128 GB

Processor - 4

Connection Type - ODBC

Database - Oracle 12c

Location of the both the environments are in same place. I would like to get some help as how I can go about troubleshooting this issue.

Shouldn't the application extract the data at the same speed? Technically, speed should be faster in TEST than DEV as it has more RAM.

Let me know if any more information is required to better understand and solve this issue.

Regards,

Dev

1 Reply
marcus_sommer

I think there is rather no issue with the RAM because 12 M records will be need not much in relation to your available RAM. More important will be differences within the network, different OS konfigurations, different ODBC driver and similar things and of course the oracle database itself.

Beside them I thin that even 1 hour 20 mins is a long time for only 12 M records. Therefore I suggest to consider incremental load-approaches. Here you could find various examples: Advanced topics for creating a qlik datamodel.

- Marcus