cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QV Server 10 Upgrade from QV 8.2

Hi all,

I have few queries:

1. In order to upgrade QVS from 8.2 to 10, is it needed to upgrade to v9 prior to v10?

2. In QVS v8.2, I have mount folder and change log folder but when I test upgrade to v10 directly, all my settings in v8.2 gone. Can I take conclusion that we only can backup and restore Qlikview documents like .qvw, .shared, .qvd but not settings information?

Thanks a lot

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

When I do a fresh reinstall of the server, I prefer to set up the server from scratch, because there are some features present in version 8 that they are not in version 9, and similarly with version 10 (I'm thinking on the Working Set, for example). There are different XML config files so the upgrading process may be difficult to "import" due to the different settings in each version of the Server.

Anyway, send an email to support@qliktech.com if you setup is complex or some issue appears to see what they say.

Licenses and some other information is stored in .Meta, .Shared and .Pgo files. Try just copying to the new server's root folder, but again, I'd create licenses/authorization as well.

Pasted from the Server Ref. Manual

Note! After upgrading from a previous version, you will find files named with a .OLD extension, forexample, presidents.qvw.meta.OLD. These files will be in the same folder as your documents. The files arecreated when users open a document in the new version for the first time. The .OLD files contain the datafrom the previous version. The original file called, presidents.qvw.meta, has been upgraded to version 10.These files are temporary and may be deleted.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

Do you have Publisher? I'd recommend you to check the Release Notes for version 10, there you are a "Upgrading from previous QlikView versions" section that explain how to do the upgrade when using versions 8 and 9.

Check as well the Server Reference Manual section 2.2

Hope that helps.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

thanks for the quick response.

No publisher at this moment. From the manual, it is recommended to first upgrade to v9 first and then to v10 but I didn't find any reason to go to v9 first..and the most important thing is I can't find any manual to restore the server settings 😞

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

When I do a fresh reinstall of the server, I prefer to set up the server from scratch, because there are some features present in version 8 that they are not in version 9, and similarly with version 10 (I'm thinking on the Working Set, for example). There are different XML config files so the upgrading process may be difficult to "import" due to the different settings in each version of the Server.

Anyway, send an email to support@qliktech.com if you setup is complex or some issue appears to see what they say.

Licenses and some other information is stored in .Meta, .Shared and .Pgo files. Try just copying to the new server's root folder, but again, I'd create licenses/authorization as well.

Pasted from the Server Ref. Manual

Note! After upgrading from a previous version, you will find files named with a .OLD extension, forexample, presidents.qvw.meta.OLD. These files will be in the same folder as your documents. The files arecreated when users open a document in the new version for the first time. The .OLD files contain the datafrom the previous version. The original file called, presidents.qvw.meta, has been upgraded to version 10.These files are temporary and may be deleted.

Hope that helps.

Not applicable
Author

Oh no, I imagine if I have done settings for authentication, authorization, folders, it can be lots of work to be done if hv to do it again manually ... Poor me 😞

Btw, thanks a lot for clearing my doubt 🙂