Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adambrian
Contributor III
Contributor III

Change background color

Hi there,

I have two Questions:

1. In Table, can we set background color which compare category by today and yesterday.

- If an activity is happen yesterday and today same activity background will change to red color.

- If an activity not happen yesterday and just happen today background will change to oren color.

2. It is possible when we click today date, it will show all today and yesterday activities. For yesterday it only show activity that happen only yesterday(that activity not happen today).

- If  possible, that background will change green color.

Can anyone help me?

stalwar1mtoswuehl

Regards,

Adam

7 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your questions. I will do my best to assist and others can gladly chime in.

I will first provide you with the help document to show you the cell shading conditional styling, when using Color By expression. Let us know if this is what you need for #1:

For #2 I will see if my colleague might have an idea. jpe‌ - do you have an idea?

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
rohitk1609
Master
Master

Hi Adam,

Lets take your Concern One by One:

1. If I am sure you are using Qlik Sense, there is an application which comes by default Consumer Sales, Open it , go to the sheet Sales Analysis then click on the chart Sales By Rep and Customer =.Right Click => Unlink Visualization => Check the measure Sales => Check the back ground Color Expression , Try to replicate it with your desired color.

2. For date issue : Lets say Your dates are coming in DateFiled , So what you need to do create a variable where

set vPreviousday == day(today())-1

and create an expression like:

sum({<[DateFiled]={'$(vPreviousday)'}>} Amount)

Try to do it with your data. when you learn variables it will be very easy.

Read this very carefully once

The Magic of Variables

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Rohit Kumar

adambrian
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Michael and Rohit,

I already tried with your advice, but i still don't know how to create expression for :

- If an activity is happen yesterday and today same activity background will change to red color.

Example : Activity = Study

- If an activity not happen yesterday and just happen today background will change to oren color.

Example : Activity = Badminton

Here I attached with a qvf file.

mtoswuehl

Thanks,

Adam

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Adam - sorry for the delay I'm looking at this now

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Here is a start - you put this in the Background Expression for the column you want to highlight.

I will look at the other expression next.

if (ActivityDate = Today() or ActivityDate = Today()-1,LightRed())

I created this app (attached) on a newer version of Qlik Sense as I am trying out some features, let me know if it works in your version. If not I will send you another file.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

I realize this is more involved then the example I sent you, looking into it further.

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
adambrian
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Mike,

Sorry delay to inform you,. I already tried your app but it not like what i want.
In your app, all Activity background in table for today and yesterday will turn red with if (ActivityDate = Today() or ActivityDate = Today()-1,LightRed()) right?

What i want is,

1) If yesterday Activity and today Activity is the same activity, background will be red.

2) If today activity is new activity, the new activity will turn yellow background. i

Can i do it in qlik sense?
mto