Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QV10 upgrade causing syntax issues from QV9

Hello all,

We have just upgraded from QV9 to QV10 on our dedicated server. I'm reloading my QV9 developed applications. The reload has worked and all seems OK but I have a question about the load script syntax highlighting:

In my script I have lots of table manipulations like the following:

NOCONCATENATE

REGISTRATION_FLAGS_2E_PREV:
LOAD RPT9_ACCOUNT_WID
,COUNT(*) AS RPT9_POSTFIRST_CATEGORIES_REG
,COUNT(DISTINCT RPT9_MKTG_MGNT_CAT2_OTHER) AS RPT9_POSTFIRST_CATEGORIES_REG_CHECK
RESIDENT REGISTRATION_FLAGS_2D_PREV
GROUP BY RPT9_ACCOUNT_WID;

In QV9 this was all coloured in the syntax editor as fine. Now the QV10 syntax editor has underlined it all. It particularly doesn't like the Noconcatenate statement being before the table name and it doesn't like count(*).

Are there significant syntax changes or is it simply a bug in QV10 that means it doesn't understand code that QV9 does? And if it's highlighting these as incorrect syntax why is it then running OK??? This incorrect colouring of code makes it really difficult to write code because everything goes black after an 'error'.

Thanks

Gareth

3 Replies
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi there,

QV9 and QV10 both seem to have a few quirks with syntax highlighting. Strangely the quirks are different between the versions.

I would suggest that if the code runs then it is probably fine.

Regards,
Steve

Not applicable
Author

Thanks mate,

It's less than ideal for development so hopefully they iron out this issue in future versions.

Another quick Q - limited load (debug) doesn't appear to work in QV10 either? No matter what I choose in the limited load it just does a full load. Any ideas?

Cheers

Gareth

patricio
Contributor III
Contributor III

I have tested the debug limited load in 10 SR1 and 10 SR2 and it is working for me. May be it is a particular case where it doesn't work.