Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jp_golay
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Qlik Sense Desktop Open a .qvw application

Hi Guys,

I want to export a qvw application to sense desktop and open it with .NET sdk to automatically convert to a qvf.

The problem is I can't open in Location.AppWithId or AppWithNameOrDefault seem not to take .qvw?
Anyone have found a smart workaround ?

Thanks JP

ebiexperts CTO
With WIP, Control everything!
Qlik Sense, QlikView and NPrinting Source control, Versioning and Deployment, Agile Lifecycle Management
10 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Jean,

When you convert QVW to QVF then only data with data model comes with it rest visualization you need to create by scratch and you need to create variables, calculated measures and dimensions again in newly created QVF.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Rohit Kumar

jp_golay
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

I know that we will lost all this stuff it's not the question I asked

ebiexperts CTO
Qlik Sense, QlikView and NPrinting Source control, Versioning and Deployment, Agile Lifecycle Management
jp_golay
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Any suggestions Lars-Goran Book

ebiexperts CTO
Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

Hi! The Qlik Sense .Net SDK does not have any support for opening Qlik View apps. The .Net SDK provides access to the methods provided by the Qlik Sense engine, which unfortunately does not provide that kind of functionality.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jean,

You can binary load the .qvw application into qvf application instead of converting qvw to qvf. This case the whole data model is loaded and you just need to create visualizations in qlik sense.

Thanks,

Neelima

Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

Not directly an answer to your question, but we (Qlik) are working on a tool to help people transition a QlikView app to Qlik Sense. The tool is being designed to convert the parts of QlikView document that can be translate into Qlik sense entities so that these can be utilized in a Qlik Sense app. QlikView visualizations, for which there is a direct corresponding visualization in Qlik Sense, will for instance be converted into master objects in the resulting Qlik Sense app. The user can then use these master objects when designing the app layout.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Oystein,

Thanks for the answer.

I am very excited to see the tool!!

When could be the product release to market?

Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

We are not at liberty to discuss any dates yet, so this was just a teaser 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Oystein