Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlikview Accesspoint doesn't capture Number Formatting from Qlikview Development

Hello ,

This is the Chart i developed in qlikview . Here the data labels on the chart shows in millions .

tax.JPG

After i published this and open in browser , it shows like this . My number formatting goes haywire !!!

tax-1.JPG

Can anybody help me on this .

Thanks .

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Guys ,

Thanks for the advice's.

The Qlikview Sever which my company uses is QV11.20 SR8 .

So, in this SR8 the number format settings which we implemented on sheet objects doesn't capture when we publish it .

When i tried the same thing in QV 11.20 SR9 or above . it works .

So, it is a Qlikview server issue .

Thanks a lot for your help guys .

Krishnam Raju.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
amit_saini
Master III
Master III

Hi,

Try something like below and check:

=Num(sum(Sales)/1000000, '####') &' M'

Thanks,
AS

marjan_it
Creator III
Creator III

you can put your expression in num like :  num(expression, #,##0.00)

and fix the number in chart asfixed to 2 .

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Amit ,

Thanks for your advice .

I tried this one already  , but in my case the total amount may be in Billions , Millions & thousands also .

If I use Num function , I've to create multiple IF statements . so the RAM utilization will be more .

Is there any setting in QMC , so that it capture the same which we fix the number in chart to 2 in Qlikview Development.

tax.JPG

amit_saini
Master III
Master III

Try upto 2 decimal here:

Thanks

AS

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I suspect your problem may be related to having different regional (formatting )options on your workstation and your server. Check the control panel | Region & Language | Additional Settings options on both machines.

Also make sure that the environment settings at the start of the QV script are the same - especially if you are using an include file to load them.

Failing these two, you may have some corruption in the model.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Anil_Babu_Samineni

I do have one question, You have y-axes is 200 but you are showing More than 200. Would it be make sense?

Usually, Your question seems visualisation problem. Why not to increase / fixed the width and height of object?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

the axes is in Millions . so the chart shows correct . It is not visualization problem .

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

tried this but still it is same .

marjan_it
Creator III
Creator III

attach your file that we heck it.