cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amweiner
Partner - Contributor III

NPrinting Server Connection Stuck On "Generating"

I am having a problem with the On Demand printing feature in NPrinting 17.2.

I upgraded to Qlikview 11.20 SR 15 and NPrint 17.2. I also installed the On Demand feature. Everything seems to have installed correctly (no errors on installation). I ensured that the Nprint service account is assigned to the appropriate groups on the server (Qlikview Administrators and Qlikview Management API). I also set the On Demand trusted server setting.

For setting up the connection, I am following the on demand configuration instructions by setting the connection as a server connection (as opposed to a local connection). After creating the connection, it is stuck in the "Generating" status and never finishes. I am able to generate cache using local connections on the same documents (although somewhat slower to generate than in 17.1).

I did try to create an on demand report using an existing local connection, but the on demand button doesn't surface on AccessPoint.

Questions: To use the On Demand feature, must I use a server connection to the qvw? And if that is the case, what could be causing the cache to never finish generating?

15 Replies
dineshsingh

Hi Ann Weiner,

Please make sure your engine is showing online status in Main Menu > Admin > Engine Manager window. Also, try to restarting NPrinting Services of server/engine. For On-Demand Printing feature, please go thru following links:

QlikView NPrinting On Demand - Qlik NPrinting - YouTube

On-Demand reports ‒ Qlik NPrinting

Hope this helps.

Many Thanks,

Dinesh

pauljohansson
Creator III
Creator III

I managed to create a data connection 3 days ago using 17.2 to local files and files that are published into the Server.

Today when I need to reload the meta data, it gets stuck at "generating" for all these connections.

Restarting services does not help, the log file says:

"Reload metadata task 3b19040f-b086-4cfc-9345-2b5b66335e01 sent to queue"

br

Paul

amweiner
Author

Yes, the engine is online. And I did use the configuration steps that are in the  YouTube and in the documentation. I restarted all of the services, and still have the same problem.

lars_plenge

Hi Paul

Did you find a solution to your problem? I have the same issue.

Regards

Lars

tka_ovako
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hello.

Same issue here. I tried to restart engine status and also I restarted NPrinting Sevices but problem not solved.

Regards

Timo

Gianluca_Perin
Employee
Employee

Hi Ann,

try this:

1. Stop NPrinting Engine service.
  2. Make sure that the NPrinting Engine process is not running from the Windows task manager
  3. Make sure that all the qvw.exe are not running from the Windows task manager
  4. Stop NPrinting Scheduler service
  5. Make sure that the NPrinting Scheduler process Is no more running from the Windows task manager
  6. Stop NPrinting Messaging service (or RabbitMQ service depending on the NPrinting version that you're using)
  7. Start NPrinting Scheduler service
  8. Start NPrinting Messaging service (or RabbitMQ)
  9. Start NPrinting Engine service
  10. Wait for the Engine to came back online
  11. Reload the cache

Let me know if this works.

Best

tka_ovako
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hey Gianluca!

For me that works. We did reboot to our server but that didn't work. I found that Nprint Scheduler prosess was stucked. After killing that process and after restarting Nprinting Scheluder service Nprint works again.

Thanks a lot!

Regards

Timo

amweiner
Author

Yes, I go through the steps of stopping all of the services when ever we have cache generating issues. The problem is that this issue seems intermittent, and is a rather disruptive way to recover. Wish there were more transparency in the administration of NPrint, so that we can see exactly where the failure is and correct it, rather than having to restart everything. My guess is that will be in a future release of Nprinting.

luizcdepaula
Creator III
Creator III

Hello Gianluca,

I am having the same issue and I followed your steps to stopping the services. The NPrinting Scheduler service was stuck and I had to stop it from the Windows Task Manager. It stopped. However, the Cache Status is still stuck on Generating.

We tried to reboot the server and still does not work. Do you think I will have to recreate another connection?

Thanks,

LD