Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik Sense Desktop 3.1 install fails

I have downloaded the Qlik Sense Desktop 3.1, but it fails to install:

The installation program expect to find the SenseDesktop.msi in the folder:

C:\Users\.....\AppData\Local\Package Cache\{552DC621-9C39-46D8-A3AC-806F69255720}v3.0.1.0\

but the folder the installation creates is:

C:\Users\.....\AppData\Local\Package Cache\{085346D9-71B9-482A-97D5-0569466FAA5F}v10.3.4\

When I try to use this msi it claims that it is not valid and the installation fails.

How do I solve this problem?

BR

Finn

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi

I found that I had a failed installation of Qlik Sense 3.0.1, even that there was any files what so ever on the computer, but there was some settings in the registry database.

I tried to reinstall 3.0.1 and afterwards start the installation of 3.1, then 3,1 installation program ask if I wanted an upgrade. Answered Yes and everything vent fine.

Problem solved

BR Finn

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi

I found that I had a failed installation of Qlik Sense 3.0.1, even that there was any files what so ever on the computer, but there was some settings in the registry database.

I tried to reinstall 3.0.1 and afterwards start the installation of 3.1, then 3,1 installation program ask if I wanted an upgrade. Answered Yes and everything vent fine.

Problem solved

BR Finn

Silambarasan1306
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Finn,

Could you please detail the issue you have faced & give me the solution if possible.

Thanks,