Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is it possible to pass the parameter based on the selection!

Hi

I have requirement like whenever I select one dimension in the graph that dimension name should pass and display in the title of the graph.

Ex:

Suppose I have a bar graph with drill-down dimension like Region->Brand->Product with Sales as a measure.

My requirement is like whenever user clicks on the any region the should look like "NETSALES BASED ON REGION"

When user drill down to next level it should change to Brand like "NET SALES BASED ON BRAND" instead of Region and same with product.

Please let me know is there any way to achieve this requirement.

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

='NET SALES BASED ON '&getfieldselections(FIELD)

but be aware if they haven't chosen a option in that field it will list all of them

sunny_talwar

May be you need this:

='NET SALES BASED ON ' & GetCurrentField([Group Name])

Replace [Group Name] with your drill-down group name

Not applicable
Author

Hi Mae

Thanks for your reply.

In this case it is not working with Drill down column name. We can't see the hierarchical column in the expression.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny,

Thanks for your reply.

When I tried with your expression it is saying not a valid function GetCurrentField.

Even I cant see the drill down column in the expression.  Help me out

sunny_talwar

Sorry I did not realize that this was Qlik Sense. GetCurrentField() is not available in Qlik Sense yet. How are you creating the drill-down dimension?

Not applicable
Author

Am creating as usual. You can find the screenshot for the same.

Drill down.JPG