Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QMC reload app 2 times att specific times

Hi community,

I've got an scheduler at the ETL stage where I at the extract stage would like to perform the procedure 2 times a day. At 8.30 am and 10.30 am.

Anyone got experience on doing this? At the moment I have scheduled it once every hour at 20 past. But this is unnecessary and i'm afraid i'd take up server performance or issuing any deadlocks...

Cheers

3 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Niklas Söderqvist wrote:

Anyone got experience on doing this? At the moment I have scheduled it once every hour at 20 past. But this is unnecessary and i'm afraid i'd take up server performance or issuing any deadlocks...

I didn't understand the Bold part. Would you please elaborate bit more. I got the experience to create the schedule dependency tasks.

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
Not applicable
Author

Yes sorry I have made a setup on going hourly starting at 06.20 so every hour 20 past: 07.20, 08.20 and so forth

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

You can always pop in a little check at the start of your script, something like (edited all my junk out)

if HOUR(now()) <> 8 OR HOUR(now())<>10 THEN EXIT SCRIPT END IF

Leave it scheduled every hour and it'll only run when you want. We use this method to do a full data reload at 2am, but during the day it just runs our incremental script.

There are some good ideas here as well:

load qlikview server more than once a day at sp... | Qlik Community

Please remember to mark this as helpful or the correct answer if I have helped you or answered your question.