Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to switch between today and yesterday

Good morning all,

i have the following problem:

I have data with a calender-dates.

day(Export_Zeitstempel)&' '&month(Export_Zeitstempel)&' '&Year(Export_Zeitstempel) as  Export_Zeitstempel_Anzeige_Tag,

My calender is called: Export_Zeitstempel_Anzeige_Tag

Now, I would like to visualise two text-bosxes which switch between today and yesterday.

My solution was:

for today:

=MaxString(Export_Zeitstempel_Anzeige_Tag)

for yesterday:

=(MaxString(Export_Zeitstempel_Anzeige_Tag))-1

Both doesn't really work.

Any ideas? Thank you for helping.

25 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

"23 Sep 2016"

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I think this is not the input for a textbox, isn't it?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Why these all not working, because we don't know what you have done over there. Would you provide few more input's like Date field and then expect out which you need. So that, it could be better approach

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
Anil_Babu_Samineni

It's possible, Minstring and Maxstring should work on textbox?

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
antoniotiman
Master III
Master III

in script

Date(Date#(Export_Zeitstempel,'DD MMM YYYY'),'DD MM YYYY') as Export_Zeitstempel_Anzeige_Tag

Yestarday

Date(Max(Export_Zeitstempel_Anzeige_Tag) -1)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I am tryiing to:

This is how i generate my field in the script:

day(Export_Zeitstempel)&' '&month(Export_Zeitstempel)&' '&Year(Export_Zeitstempel) as  Export_Zeitstempel_Anzeige_Tag

This is the result in the table:

"23 Sep 2016"

I have two textboxes in my visualation:

Today:

=MaxString(Export_Zeitstempel_Anzeige_Tag)

Yesterday

is not working ...

Hope I could explain it better, so that you can help me.

Thank you very much

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Robert, Try to provide inputs from that field

=MaxString(Text(Export_Zeitstempel_Anzeige_Tag) - 1)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

if I put it as text in a textbox:

the result is "-"

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

No more ideas?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Final Luck from my end, What is your intention to show using that expression?