Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

can we move Text object from one location to another

Hi all

Is it possible to move Text object from one place to another on the same sheet..

I have a variable which will have the values like 1,2,3,4.

I would like to move the text object from one place another place, based on the value of the variable or in any other way if possible

Thanks

Ganesh

9 Replies
sunny_talwar

I don't think you can move the text box, but you might be able to give the feeling of move by creating two text boxes and conditionally hiding/showing them based on the variable value

Not applicable
Author

Hi sunny

Yeah.. I have done that.. But i have been asked to do, if it is possible to move.

Thanks

sunny_talwar

May be using a Macro it might be possible. But I won't be the right guy for the Macro

Not applicable
Author

I will try that way.. But i heard, use of macro is not suggested in terms of security when we are uploading the app on the server.. Is it true?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Are you looking for this

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
avinashelite

Yes to certain extent it might cause performance issues and maintenance would be a problem

check this for some ideas

Dynamic positioning for objects?

Dynamic position change | Qlik Community

sunny_talwar

Well you can read here about Macro's here Macros are Bad. But I read somewhere (may be in the comments section of the same thread, but can't find it right now) that the Macros are bad because they won't work everywhere. On desktop they would, but Access Point they would not. So I guess it might not be an option for you since you want to make it work on the Access Point. The only think left is the work around which you already have implemented

Not applicable
Author

Hi Anil Bhai

In this application, you are using multiple text box.. but i want one text box to move from one location to another

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Thank you