Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

OLE or ODBC Reload in Publisher Not working

When running a reload on our QV server the doucment reloads fine. But on on the QV server when running it in Publisher it say the OLE or ODBC connection failed. We are connecting to a table in a Microsoft Access database.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Stephen

26 Replies
Not applicable
Author

We are aware of the drive isse and we are using the 32 bit ODBC drives.. All of our access databases on the server are working fine.

Stephen

Not applicable
Author

Ralf,

We are running Access 2003 (yes way behind). But if we are using the 32 bit driver, even if on a 64 bit computer, I would think it should work.

Stephen

rbecher
MVP
MVP

Stephen,

this can only work with QVS version 9/10, 32 bit or version 10, 64 bit with Connect32.

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Not applicable
Author

We are using QVS 9. Because I can reload manually indicates to me that the 32 bit vs the 64 bit drives is not the issue. Could be wrong.

Stephen

rbecher
MVP
MVP

What means reload manually for you? Using the 32 bit fat client?

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Not applicable
Author

Manually, for me, means that the docuement, with either OLE or ODBC connections, to the Access database table reloads by all of our users on the QVS. We have made sure that the"system" DSN is being used. But the same document in Publisher will not reload with the error noted earily.

Stephen

Denis_Brajkovic
Former Employee
Former Employee

Check your connection string. When created it will automatically use the mapped network drive if the DB isn't stored locally. If that is the case then change the mapped drive to the proper UNC path and the issue should be resolved

Not applicable
Author

We are using the UNC path and publisher still doesn't reload.

Denis_Brajkovic
Former Employee
Former Employee

OK, then if your QVS is a 64 bit server then use a 64 bit QV Developer. Does it succeed or fail using a 64 bit QV Developer?

Not applicable
Author

This will fail because Microsoft Access (2003) for an ODBC connection only has a 32 bit driver.