Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Denied Access without Section Access

Hi,

I'am managing user access with NTNAME section access, I delete the section access in a document and set the Opening Document Properties to the default ones. When I try to open the document in a different PC appears a "Denied Access" message, what am I missing?

Regards!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Gaby, check out some of this points, probably is one of them:

1. Make sure the user you are logged in is in your section access list.

2. If you are using NTNAME and you are out of Domain, make sure that your OSUser is equivalent to the QVUser in your section Access.

3. Check out internal security in the File, probably there are conditions in all sheets to denied access to some users, go to Settings/Document Properties and go to Sheets tab to check if probably all sheets and hidden to the user you are using.

Good Luck!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Did you reload after you changed section access? If not, make sure to do so.

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Hi Vlad,

Yes, I did reload

Not applicable
Author

Some more information:

This is weird...I have access to the script and the data, and I can create sheets and objects but I can't see any of the objects I had before I removed the section access.

Regards!

Not applicable
Author

Hi Gaby, check out some of this points, probably is one of them:

1. Make sure the user you are logged in is in your section access list.

2. If you are using NTNAME and you are out of Domain, make sure that your OSUser is equivalent to the QVUser in your section Access.

3. Check out internal security in the File, probably there are conditions in all sheets to denied access to some users, go to Settings/Document Properties and go to Sheets tab to check if probably all sheets and hidden to the user you are using.

Good Luck!

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Jose Angel, that solved the problem, there was a hidden condition for all sheets.

Regards!