Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
venelin_rs
Contributor III
Contributor III

ODBC connection to MariaDB

Hi everybody,

I can not establish ODBC connection to MariaDB.

I use next driver: mariadb-connector-odbc-2.0.12-win64 . But I also tried with mysql-connector-odbc-5.3.6-winx64 and previous version of MariaDB driver: mariadb-connector-odbc-1.0.6-win64.

Please help me if someone already fixed the same issue.

Regards,

Venelin

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
venelin_rs
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi everybody,

First thank you for the help, but the issue it was a dummy problem. We made a mistake when we filled in the QlikSense IP address in the Windows Firewall in MariaDB server.

Now I have another problem with extracting the data from database. @Kumar, I use the same ODBC driver. QlikSense has a problem to reload the data from database. I see all tables in database, but I can't extracted some of tables.

Previous version of database It was a normal MySQL server and everything was fine. Now we upgraded to last version of MariaDB and we can not extracted all tables from the same QliKSense Script.

Anyone can help me ?

Regards,

Venelin

View solution in original post

14 Replies
ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

Your question is a bit unclear. Please clarify what you are doing, what error you see and how you have tried to resolve it.

My suggestion for using ODBC connection is to start with adding a Windows DSN which uses the desired driver to connect to your data source. The DSN should be added as a System DSN to be available for all users with access to the system, including the Qlik Sense service user.

Does your conneciton work in Windows?

- If NO, discuss further with your database administrator on how to establish the connection. The admin can confirm the required drivers and credentials.

- If YES, add a data connection in Qlik Sense and connect and fetch data.

fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi

Can not establish? but what kind of error do you have?

can you post an image to the error to be easier to help you?

Fernando K.

rohitk1609
Master
Master

Hi Venelin,

The point here is if you can create a connection between your machine and database so yes Qlik can use the same connection and retrieve the data.

Now every database has different drivers , Please be sure which driver you are using and after installing driver check teh connection is working if yes then use the same connection in ODBC or OLEDB.

I am sure you are using this driver :

https://downloads.mariadb.org/connector-odbc/

Please let me if you still face any issue

venelin_rs
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi everybody,

First thank you for the help, but the issue it was a dummy problem. We made a mistake when we filled in the QlikSense IP address in the Windows Firewall in MariaDB server.

Now I have another problem with extracting the data from database. @Kumar, I use the same ODBC driver. QlikSense has a problem to reload the data from database. I see all tables in database, but I can't extracted some of tables.

Previous version of database It was a normal MySQL server and everything was fine. Now we upgraded to last version of MariaDB and we can not extracted all tables from the same QliKSense Script.

Anyone can help me ?

Regards,

Venelin

ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

Generally I think you should close this thread as resolved, and open a new thread for yout datat load issues, as it is a different topic.

MySQL and MariaDB are different databases, so guess there is a chance your MySQL based SQL query is not valid in MariaDB. In the new thread please provide additional information like the app reload log and the error message that you get when the data extraction fails.

venelin_rs
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yes, you are right Toni, but probably this discuss will help in the future to another users which have to connect to MariaDB.

I resolved and the next issue (can't extracted all tables from database) but the solution is a little bit strange. I used previous ODBC driver (MySQL ODBC driver) and now everything it's ok with data in QlikSense.

The strange here is that: I got a problem to extract the data with original MariaDB ODBC driver and I don't have any problems when I use MySQL driver. Version of QlikSense is 2.2.4.

ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

Correct, both questions can be helpful for others. But separating question makes it easier to find an answer based on the questions other people have.

As I mentioned above, I would expect that you get the same issue in any other tool/client using the same Windows DSN settings. This would confirm that your issue originates from the database, driver, connection configuration or a combination of these. Commonly I would not think this is a Qlik related issue, you just happen to see the symptom when using Qlik Sense.

rohitk1609
Master
Master

Hi Venelin,

As you are saying few tables you can extract and few not , Can you please tell me which type of tables Qlik Sense doesn't load ?

venelin_rs
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Rohit,

I don't find any logic about way of extracting of tables. All tables look like the same.