cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hourly Gantt Chart

Hi everyone,

I'm attempting to create an hourly gantt chart in Qlikview but keep running into a few problems.

My data are structured in three columns:

id - unique identifier of a particular task

due_date - date which a task should be completed. Given as a time stamp

hours - expected number of hours to complete each task

In the script, I'm creating the start date of each task by subtracting hours from due_date. I'm then using three for loops to iterate through each id, date, and hour. My goal is to assign a 1 to each hour of each day that a task should be worked on and a 0 otherwise.

A work day is assumed to run from 10:00am to 6:00pm. For example, if a task is due on 10/9 at 12:00pm and is expected to take 6 hours to complete I want to create the following data table:

DateHourWork?
10/810:00pm0
10/811:00pm0
10/812:00pm0
10/81:00pm0
10/82:00pm1
10/83:00pm1
10/84:00pm1
10/85:00pm1
10/910:00am1
10/911:00am1
10/912:00pm0
10/91:00pm0
10/92:00pm0
10/93:00pm0
10/94:00pm0
10/95:00pm0

Ideally, once I have this table as output, I will be able to create a pivot table and color each cell based on the 1 or 0 value. The output does not necessarily have to be a pivot table, I just assumed that would be the easiest to create.

My script executes without any errors but I'm having trouble with:

1. Duplication of data
  2. Creating a logical expression to assign 1 to the hour which a task should be worked on

The due dates in my data set range from a few hours to a few days. When the script executes, it duplicates data by creating a row for each hour of each day for every id in the data set.

I attempted to recreate the script layed out in the blog below.

How to vizualize a work schedule using a Qlikview Gantt chart | One data at a time

I've attached a sample qvw file with my script and an Excel spreadsheet with a small subset of data and the desired output.

Any suggestions or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Michael

1 Reply
sunny_talwar

Not sure if you issue is related, but see if this link helps.

Master calendar that isnt linked to any orderdate etc for chart

Will try to check out your qvw at a later time (if someone has not already helped you out )

Best,

Sunny