Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Displaying properties menu option in AJAX

Hi,

I'd like to show the Properties menu item when right clicking on the object. I'm using QlikView Server 10 SR2 (the properties menu item was available with QlikView 9). For some reason, the sheet properties is available when right clicking on the tab row but not on the objects.

I have Access Document Properties and Access Tabrow Properties enabled in the document's security settings.

I appreciate any advice on what i need to do to enable the menu item.

Thanks.

-Van

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I have figured out the problem. I was logged in as an anonymous user. Once I logged in as an authenticated user, I was able to access the properties dialog box. I didn't notice that I was logged in on the QlikView 9 server but not in the QlikView 10 server.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Properties, Caption, Check 'Menu' check box.

Regards,

Dinesh.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the tip but the menu checkbox simply makes the right click menu available as a button in the title bar; it does not add the Properties menu item.

Here's a snapshot of the right click menu from QlikView 9 with the Properties option:

This is shown for the same document in QlikView 10.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sorry, I misunderstood your problem. Settings, Sheet Properties, Security, Check the 'Access Sheet Object Properties' checkbox. I am assuming that you want this in the developer and not in AccessPoint.

Regards,

Dinesh.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks again but the problem in on QlikView Server (specifically the AJAX version) and not in developer. I double-checked and the Access Sheet Object Properties option is enabled.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Properties are not available when viewing from accesspoint on any objects created using the client. However, if the user copy and paste the object in AccessPoint, the user can then access the properties.

Regards,

Dinesh.

Not applicable
Author

I have figured out the problem. I was logged in as an anonymous user. Once I logged in as an authenticated user, I was able to access the properties dialog box. I didn't notice that I was logged in on the QlikView 9 server but not in the QlikView 10 server.