Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set Analysis - YTD Compared with Previous Years (Same Parameter)

Hi All,

I am using Qlik Sense and I am wanting to create a set analysis function that gives me the ability to display dynamic Year on Year variances using a Year To Date function.

For example, I want to retrieve total sales up to now for 2016 (YTD). I then want to compare this figure with the exact same time parameter but in the previous years.

At the moment I am using expressions like the following:

This basic expression retrieves latest YTD figure

SUM({$<Year_Calendar={$(=max(Year_Calendar))}>}Sales)

I can use the following function to retrieve the previous year, however as there is nothing limiting the calculation to today's date, it returns the figure for the whole of the previous year (Which I cannot use to make valid YoY comparisons).

SUM({$<Year_Calendar={$(=max(Year_Calendar)-1)}>}Sales)

I am therefore thinking I should use an expression that limits to today's date also, something like this... (not sure if this will work)

SUM({$<Year_Calendar={">=$(=MAX(Year_Calendar))<$(=MAX(CalDate))"}>}Sales)  ??

But how would I then apply this for previous years?

In simple terms, the outcome I want is:

To calculate total sales between 01/01/2016 - 24/08/2016 (YTD),

then calculate total sales between 01/01/2015 - 24/08/2015 (YTD - 1Year),

Then compare.

Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks.

Lewis

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

This works well

YTD

Sum({$<[Date] = {'>=$(=YearStart(Today()))'}>} [Sales])

YTD Previous Year

Sum({$<[Date] = {'>=$(=Date(AddYears(YearStart(Today()),-1)))<$(=Date(AddYears(Today(),-1)))'}>} [Sales])

YTD YoY Variance

(Sum({$<[Date] = {'>=$(=YearStart(Today()))'}>} [Sales]) - Sum({$<[Date] = '>=$(=Date(AddYears(YearStart(Today()),-1)))<$(=Date(AddYears(Today(),-1)))'}>} [Sales]))

View solution in original post

3 Replies
sunny_talwar

How about this:

Sum({<Year_Calendar, CalDate = {"$(='>=' & Date(YearStart(Max(CalDate), -1), 'DD/MM/YYYY') & '<' & Date(AddYears(Max(CalDate), -1), 'DD/MM/YYYY'))"}>}Sales)

Not applicable
Author

This works well

YTD

YTD Previous Year

Sum({$<[Date] = {'>=$(=Date(AddYears(YearStart(Today()),-1)))<$(=Date(AddYears(Today(),-1)))'}>} [Sales])

YTD YoY Variance

(Sum({$<[Date] = {'>=$(=YearStart(Today()))'}>} [Sales]) - Sum({$<[Date] = '>=$(=Date(AddYears(YearStart(Today()),-1)))<$(=Date(AddYears(Today(),-1)))'}>} [Sales]))

Jazz1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everybody,

YTD

YTD Previous Year

YTD YoY Variance

I tried this solution in my Case but it doesn't work for my case.case qlik ytd.PNGcase qlik ytd1.PNG

What informations do you need to  help me to solve it please ?