Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
venelin_rs
Contributor III
Contributor III

Calculated Dimension in QlikSense

Hi everybody,

I created Calculated Dimension in QlikSense , but I got error message for Invalid Dimension. I want to show only zero sales and next to suppress null values in the table. I tried with next calcualted dimension :

IF(sum(Sales) = 0 , Product, null() ) 

In expression tab this statement works properly. Version of QlikSense is 2.2.4.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Sunny,

I have a same requirement. And adding Aggr() does make the expression valid in Qliksense, but the if function does not work correctly. Your answer actually missed the "else" of the if case. I found another answer here:
calculated dimension in qliksense

Also did not figure out the correct expression.

I tried/tested as following, but has no luck

only $(=fieldname) or Month, works

=if(GetSelectedCount(fieldname)=1, $(=fieldname), Month) // if case works, else does not work

$(=if(GetSelectedCount(fieldname)=1, fieldname, Month)) // if case works, but the else case dose not work

Aggr(if(GetSelectedCount(fieldname)=1, $(=fieldname), Month), fieldname) //available expression, both if and else does not work

Can you pls have a  check?

Thanks

Zhihong

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

You need an aggr() function when you do some kind of aggregation in the script. Try this may be:

Aggr(If(Sum(Sales) = 0, Product), Product)

Or add other dimensions if you are checking Sum(Sales) = 0 over multiple dimensions. For instance you want to show products by year

Aggr(If(Sum(Sales) = 0, Product), Product, Year)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Sunny,

I have a same requirement. And adding Aggr() does make the expression valid in Qliksense, but the if function does not work correctly. Your answer actually missed the "else" of the if case. I found another answer here:
calculated dimension in qliksense

Also did not figure out the correct expression.

I tried/tested as following, but has no luck

only $(=fieldname) or Month, works

=if(GetSelectedCount(fieldname)=1, $(=fieldname), Month) // if case works, else does not work

$(=if(GetSelectedCount(fieldname)=1, fieldname, Month)) // if case works, but the else case dose not work

Aggr(if(GetSelectedCount(fieldname)=1, $(=fieldname), Month), fieldname) //available expression, both if and else does not work

Can you pls have a  check?

Thanks

Zhihong

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Qlik Sense doesn't take Calculated Dimensions.

Maybe take your expression in script and make it as a Dimension?

IF(sum(Sales) = 0 , Product, null() ) as NewProduct

And use New Product in front end as your Dimension.

I'm not sure if Aggr will work in script or no. I guess Aggr or Set functions won't work.

sunny_talwar

Have you created a new thread for this? What is $(=fieldname)? why do you need that? I guess I don't really understand what you are trying to do here.... so it would be better if you can create a new thread and post a sample so that its easy for us to understand what exactly are you looking for.

Best,

Sunny