Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

D3 Sankey Extension Node Duplicates

Hello,

I am using the D3 inspired Sankey extension for Qlikview (https://github.com/brianwmunz/d3sankey-QV11)

I am able to get the sankey diagram to work, however I am seeing an issue with node replication. Below is an example of the issue I am facing.

Sankey.PNG

As you can see, there are two nodes for Home -> Wallet.  Ideally, all the Home -> Wallet records should go to the same node, with a smaller subset flowing to Register Wallet.  Is this an issue with the Extension, or perhaps how I formatted the data?  I have included the sample data file used to highlight the issue.

Thanks for your help!

22 Replies
adamdavi3s
Master
Master

BETA VERSION

This still needs some polishing and I need to better work on the Qlik code to convert a path to source and destination, been distracted with other work today unfortunately

Demo dashboard included

Extension expects: Source, Destination, Size

Double click event is enabled to select a node, it will select it as source if it is on the left or in the middle, or destination if it is the last item in the path.

You can also drag the nodes around to rearrange them

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Slightly updated qvw to turn a path into source / destination.

Not applicable
Author

Looking good! So this no longer takes in a delimited path?

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Hi Adam,

The extension itself doesn't, but the QVW has a script in it which will break down a comma delimited path into the requisite fields.

The QVW has two versions of the Sankey one running off the path data and one running off the source / destination data and both return the same values.

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Hi Adam,

Final update, just slightly tweaked it and made a checkbox for adding the number to the label.

All changes will now go via GIT (the new qar is on there)

https://github.com/adamdavi3s/QlikviewSankeyImproved

Not applicable
Author

Awesome!  So I see there are still "dead" nodes, such as the -1 node on your git image.  Also is there any way that the strokes or paths can take up the entire node?

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

The dead one is there to show that it can handle something with no destination, I toyed with taking that out but actually I think it is important to show as it points you to a data issue.

How do you mean take up the whole node? As in the path should be the width of the node regardless of size?

Not applicable
Author

Is it a data issue though? If you think of this as clickstream data, they could click on the home page and not click on anything else.  Just a thought! Thanks again for all of your help on this!

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Hmmm that is true but maybe not a valid use of a Sankey diagram in that case, how would you expect it to show those items that don't have any flow?

I guess the three possibilities would be:

1- as it is show a null when there is no destination

2- force something in there, e.g. a 'no onward path' node

3- entirely suppress items with no path

And not a problem, its good fun!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Adam,

My requirement is to show Successor and Predecessor for a Process. We have around 800 processes (jobs) which start after successful completion of Successor jobs and then Predecessor jobs start.

We have a straight table which display the list of Processes run in a day.

Process Name

Start Date

End Date

P1

4/9/18 12:10 PM

4/9/18 12:12 PM

P2

4/9/18 12:30 PM

4/9/18 1:30 PM

P3

4/9/18 2:30 PM

4/9/18 2:35 PM

The requirement is when to click on a process Sankey diagram should come up with the selected process as Process and its Successor and Predecessor

Sankey.PNG

Could you please provide some help on this, any suggestions. Can i use your extension to add three nodes, when I double click the node it should become the middle node and its respective predecessor and successor shuld displau