Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Sense - Prevent 'full screen' toggle in custom extension

Hi,

a standard feature of extensions is their ability to go 'full screen' when the user clicks on this icon:

gofullscreen.png

is there any way to prevent this icon being shown/going fullscreen in a custom extension?

Thanks.

16 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I also want to know this!

simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Any updates on this?

simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Figured it out (by myself! #soproud):

Add to the ccs file:

.qv-object-<Extension name w/o spaces here>~.qv-object-nav >.icon-zoom-in{

display: none;

}

PS: If you add the above part to the theme of the app you can also suppress the toggle in the native objects!

Not applicable
Author

This is awesome, though I noticed it does not work for custom widgets though as the dom element does not get named the widget name . It's a shame this stuff is so hard to reach/unreachable by css.

simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Just use

.icon-zoom-in{

display: none;

}

if you wish to  suppress these icons all together (which I do)!

Not applicable
Author

Yea, agreed that would work for all, but ideally I only need one removed. The problem is the element is OUTSIDE of the widget and is unreachable with any css.

simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Nothing is unreachable with css

Not applicable
Author

Well, yea i guess technically it can get ALL of the icons so it is 'reachable' . But I meant there is no specificity built into sencha's classes that allow me to just target one widget's zoom button using css selectors. I am using EXT 5 btw, I am not sure if 6 fixes this but I upgrading is not in the plan for awhile.

I think eventually I will need to build the widget as an extension to gain more control of the 'thing' and from there I can hide the zoom in button.

Also there is plenty unreachable with css for many reasons, native components like select etc. also iframes come to mind

simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Again, nothing is unreachable with css as long as it's rendered on the page - even native Qlik Sense components, navigation bar, sheet size and much more can me modified & altered, much of it via themes e.g.

You can also target the widget's zoom css selectors by first selecting the widget itself (it must have some sort of class/id!, and then selecting the children which fall in the category icon-zoom. Have a look at Child/Sibling/Parent css selectors