Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Number of days in a month

Hello,

I am trying to calculate the no of days in a particular month, and in my case it is not the normal calendar month rather a Fiscal month.

Details are attached here.

Fisc PeriodSales end of Fisc periodNo of Fiscal days

in the above table, the last column is based on the Fisc_day_of_month column in the Calendar sheet.

Please let  me know if more information is needed.

11 Replies
sunny_talwar

I am confused, is the above table given or are we looking to calculate No of Fiscal Days field in the script?

Not applicable
Author

Hello Sunny,

We have the column "Fisc_day_of_month" in the Calendar, so all we have to do is to get the Max of every Fiscal_Period. And if we are in the middle of the month, like today Oct 11th, we will have to get the date from the Sales tab of the excel and get the corresponding Fisc_Day_of_month number.

you will get a better picture if you take a look at the different tabs of the attachment.

sunny_talwar

May be something like this:

Day(Max(Fisc_day_of_month))

Not applicable
Author

No Sunny, it would not give me the right output. In the excel attachment, i have the calendar which has the Fisc Dayof Month numbers for our regular calendar dates. And i just want to pick the highest number for every Fiscal Period. And only for October, we are on 11th Oct, but the most recent entry for Oct is on 9th Oct in the Sales tab, so we will have to pick the Fisc number of 9th Oct.

sunny_talwar

Something like this?

Table:

LOAD Date,

Fisc_day_of_month,

Fisc_Period

FROM

[Max date.xlsx]

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Calendar);

Left Join (Table)

LOAD Fisc_Period,

Max(Fisc_day_of_month) as [No of Fiscal days]

Resident Table

Where Date < Today()

Group By Fisc_Period;

Sales:

LOAD Date,

Sales,

Ctry

FROM

[Max date.xlsx]

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sales);

Capture.PNG

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the suggestion Sunny.

However the calendar table is joined already with adifferent field to my fact tables. Is there a way to achieve this at the front end?

sunny_talwar

Using this expression:

=Max({<Date = {"$(='<' & Date(Today()))"}>}Fisc_day_of_month)

Capture.PNG

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the suggestions Sunny, It seems to work when we display it against the Fisc Period, but it does not work when i use along with different expressions. e.g. FirstSortedValue function is used in the attached sample, to get the latest Sales of every Fisc Period and then it should be divided by the No of days in that Fisc Month. Please take a look at the attached sample.

sunny_talwar

Does this look right?

Capture.PNG

I changed your expression to this

=Max({1<Date = {"$(='<' & Date(Today()))"}>}Fisc_day_of_month)

Now the no of days won't change based on any selection you make. Does this look what you were looking for? Or was there another issue?