Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview Application into Sharepoint/Qlikview Single Sign On

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if there was a way to put an entire QV application onto a Sharepoint page. Right now, I can put on individual objects such as charts and whatnot from QV applications using Qlikview Web Parts for Sharepoint, but I don't want to have to insert each individual object from the QV app into sharepoint and then rearranging them as this is tremendously inefficient especially when the applications are really complex.

Just wanted to know if this was possible. My ultimate goal is to be able to provide a single sign-on procedure to allow clients to access qlikview applications through Active Directory Federation Services. Right now, I am able to do single sign on to Sharepoint, so if I can somehow fully integrate qlikview with Sharepoint, I would have one solution down.

Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Yiling

10 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Yiling,

It seems the easiest way to do this is to create a blank page in Sharepoint and use the HTML iframe tag to integrate the app. See example:

<iframe src="http://qvserver.yourdomain.com/AJAX/app.htm" height="1000px" width="900px" frameborder="0" />

See the W3C spec for the <iframe> tag here: http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/present/frames.html#h-16.5

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the reply Jason,

I'm not sure exactly where the URL comes from. I understand the qvserver.yourdomain.com part and I'm assuming the /AJAX part is referring to the AJAX zero footprint client, but how do get the application into an html file? right now on my qlikview server, the apps are accessed through accesspoint. and the url's for those are extremely long and complex.

How would i be able to make a QVapp (right now they are all sample apps) into the format needed to be able to implement your solution?

Sorry i'm still a little new at this.

-Yiling

Not applicable
Author

Also, if i implemented this for end users, how would that affect the licensing of Qlikview? It seems that since the application is already on the SharePoint site, I would only need one license for that application, regardless of how many people need to see that app.

Is this true?

Yiling

Bjorn_Wedbratt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Yiling,

The easiest way is to utilize a Page Viewer Web Part and simply give the URL to a published application. I would recommend using ZFC in this case, or you need to make sure the client got Qv Plugin installed in advance.

You can for example try this URL in a Web Part: http://demo.qlik.com/AJAX/SAP%20Trade%20Cockpit/SH01.htm

One thing you should be aware about when doing this is that the Page Viewer Web Part is totally isolated from the rest of your site and the end user must be able to access the back-end QVS directly. If you have a firewall between the client - sharepoint, you must also publish the URL pointing to your QVS. The end user must also be able to authenticate against the back-end QVS, even though already authenticated against Sharepoint (guess this is why you're looking into ADFS to be able to have a SSO experience).

A "nicer" solution is of course to install additional components for ZFC on the front-end web server hosting Sharepoint and configure QVSComremote.dll to connect to the back-end QVS, creating a tier-solution with QVS as a back-end server. This will however require additional configuration to be able to pass credentials through the different tiers (dealing with delegation and double hop authentication).

Not applicable
Author

Yiling,

We have the similar requirement.

Can you please let me know which solution you implemented and your URL syntax?

I tried and it hangs.

Thanks

pc

Not applicable
Author

Jason,

Need your help in one of my project where customer is using Microsoft (Navision).

He wants to use Qlikview in single sign on with Navision.

Is it possible .

If yes then please advise as this is very urgent requirement.

No one can help me better than u in this scenarion because u r the community owner.

Please reply...........

MAIL ME AT: dushyant.ntpc@gmail.com

Regards,

Dushyant

Not applicable
Author

I think BJorn gave a best solution, if you integrate Qilikview using webparts then you have to add each item on your qlikview document sepratly. Where as with Page you simply give the URL to your qlikview application on you QlikView server...I think this is brilliant idea.

As far as we are concerned with security, i think if you got NT or Windows authentication enabled on SharePoint & Qlikview then you dont have to do any more configurations.

Atleast in my case all i have to do is add a page viewer webpart in my sharepoint site and give it a URL my QlikView application hosted on Qlikview server...

I hope this would help...!

Mustansar

hugo_andrade
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Very helpfull Moderator.

If anyone needs more details:

1. Edit Page
  2. Insert Web Part
  3. Select Media and Content >> Page Viewer and click Add
  4. Click on open the tool pane link
  5. Specify the link. Something similar to: http://client-site-here/QvAJAXZfc/opendoc.htm?document=Golf%20Quest.qvw&host=QlikViewServer

Edit Width and Height under Appearance

Don't edit the link above. Navigate to the Access Point, open the QVW document and copy the URL in the browser.

Thanks again for the help.

hugo_andrade
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Does it require a Web Parts add-on to the QlikView server License?