Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulyeo11
Master
Master

Possible to make QV auto save after reload ?

Hi All

I notice that after i manual reload , i need to click on file save . In order to save the QVW file. If i never save the QVW file after reload , and when i use QS QVF file to reload thru binary load QVW file , it will not update.

Paul

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

May not work in v9. Time for an upgrade?

View solution in original post

7 Replies
marcus_sommer

There is an option to save a qvw before the reload but not after them - unless you used server-tasks or a cmd-line batch for the reloadings.

- Marcus

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You can let QV Desktop Save Autorecover information after every Reload, which comes down to an autosave in case your dekstop crashes. Note that this may delay the return of full control in a considerable way when working on large documents.

See Settings->User Preferences->Save->Save Autorecover Info->After reload

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Peter

I have follow your instruction by tick on Save after reload. But i still need to manually save after i have reload , other wise my QS will not update.

Paul

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Marcus

I am using QV Ver 9 , so it is not possible right ?

Paul

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

That's the idea: Autorecovery creates a copy in the recovery folder. It doesn't overwrite your original.

I think you can create a macro to save your document and let it be triggered by the OnPostReload event.

See Settings->Document Properties->Triggers->Documlent Event Triggers, select OnPostReload, click Add Action(s), select Add, select External->Run Macro. Enter the name of your macro and save. That should do the job.

Peter

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

May not work in v9. Time for an upgrade?

marcus_sommer

Like Peter I suggest to consider an upgrade.

- Marcus