Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Displaying last 12 months in a Chart

Hello,

I am looking for some help on restricting a chart to display the recent 12 month's data. Chart looks like the attachment and the set expressions are pasted below.

Dimension:

=Month(MakeDate(2015,FISC_MTH_NBR)) // FISC_MTH_NBR is the Fiscal equivalent of a month

Expressions:

Num(Sum({<FISC_YR_NBR={"$(=Only({1}YearofToday))"},DateNum={">=$(=Num(FISC_YR_START_DT))<=$(=Num(Today()))"}>} PRICE),'#,###,###,##0') // YearofToday is a variable defined at the Script level which is if(Date=Today(),FISC_YR_NBR) as YearofToday

I have 4 of such expressions which will display the Revenue and Margin for Current and Prior Years.

The solutions/suggestions already discussed in the community will not help me as i am not using the date column in my expressions.

Thanks.

11 Replies
sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share a sample with expected output to try it out?

Not applicable
Author

Attached a sample qvw file here. The 2nd Sheet has 2 different charts, and i would like to restrict both of them to show the last 12 months in a rolling fashion.

sunny_talwar

Does this look right?

Capture.PNG

Expressions

This Year

Sum({<DateNum = {"$(='>' & Num(AddMonths(Max({<Sales = {'*'}>}DateNum), -12)) & '<=' & Max({<Sales = {'*'}>}DateNum))"}, Date, Fisc_day_of_month, Fisc_Period, FISCALMONTHNBR, FISCALYEAR, YearofToday, MonthofToday, FISCALYEARSTART, FISCALMONTHSTART, FISCALQUARTERSTART>}Sales)

Last Year

Sum({<DateNum = {"$(='>' & Num(AddMonths(Max({<Sales = {'*'}>}DateNum), -24)) & '<=' & Num(AddMonths(Max({<Sales = {'*'}>}DateNum), -12)))"}, Date, Fisc_day_of_month, Fisc_Period, FISCALMONTHNBR, FISCALYEAR, YearofToday, MonthofToday, FISCALYEARSTART, FISCALMONTHSTART, FISCALQUARTERSTART>} Sales)

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your efforts Sunny.

The second should start in Nov and the right most bar should be the current month which is October.

Also, the expressions uses the DateNum which is the regular calendar date, so i'll validate the values of bars to check if they are confined to the Fiscal Month rather than the Regular calendar months.

sunny_talwar

This for the bottom chart?

Capture.PNG

What is your fiscal year start date?

Not applicable
Author

My Fiscal year start date varies every year, and it is captured in a column in my calendar dimension table.

Fiscal Year Start Date will be the name of the column.

Ganesh Bagavathi

sunny_talwar

I think it might be helpful if you can tell me the numbers you expect to see for each of the bars.

Not applicable
Author

I am looking for 2 bar charts, the first one with MonthYear should have the 12 months starting from the current month at the right most point and goes back for 11 months.

The second bar chart with just the Month names should have 2 sets of bars one for current year and another for prior year. And this should also be in a rolling fashion with Oct (Current month) at the right most point and goes backfor 11 months.

The application which i shared is just a sample, so when i implement this in my actual application, it might not be a feasible solution to include every column in the expression as my table will have close to 20 columns. Is there any other way to achieve this?

The numbers at the top chart are matching and is good. But the bottom one with 2 sets of bars are not displaying correctly, For example, for current year we dont have data for Nov, but there is a blue bar for Nov. And the right most bar should be Oct, but we see Nov here.

Thanks for your time and efforts.

sunny_talwar

I am still not sure what is needed from the 2nd chart

Current Year

1) 10/13/2015 to 10/13/2016

2) 01/01/2016 to 10/13/2016

Previous Year

1) 10/13/2014 to 10/13/2015

2) 01/01/2015 to 12/31/2015

Do you want your 2nd chart to show which of the two ranges for Current Year and Previous Year? Also what is the required sort order for your second chart?

Another option for the first chart where no manipulation is required in the expression is this

Dimension

=If(DateNum >= Num(AddMonths(Max(TOTAL {<Sales = {'*'}>}DateNum), -12)), Date(Date#(Fisc_Period,'YYYYMM'),'MMM YYYY'))

(NOTE: Check 'Suppress When Value Is Null' on the dimensions tab)

Expression

Sum(Sales)

Capture.PNG