Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to always keep bar chart legends

I need to put sever charts to one Qlik Sense sheet. There are legends for different charts.

My problem is that the legend will not show when the size of chart is small.

Is there any method to always keep legends showing whenever I change the size of chart?

Thanks!

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Could anyone give any suggestion or walk around?

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Possible

1. I saw today on branch a tab extension which would allow you to put larger charts in the same space with access under tabbing. Draw back might be performance according to comments from people that have used it

2. Depending on your charts if they are the same type you could use one chart and have the dimensions and measures set by a variable using qsvariable

Both these work arounds would allow you to use the space you have better.. Personally I go with the responsive limits and get the user to expand the chart themselves to see the legend if required.

MK9885
Master II
Master II

I think there is no such option in Qlik Sense to control legend show always. It changes dynamically upon resizing the chart.

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Qlik Branch 

Check out this link, to resize the screen. It looks ugly and doesn't serve the purpose for sure. As the users have to scroll down and up which is not a good idea.

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

If Dimension is similar in all charts or some of the charts then you can use Persistant Color option in Color and Legends and Show Legends in only one Charts. It can be a Workaround.

I hope it is helpful.