Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Show 0 values in Line Chart but not null values

Hello folks,

I am struggling with a problem regarding a line chart. I have a line chart showing three lines. Two of the lines are already showing "future" values while one is supposed to show only the current and historical value. I attached my qvw for a better understanding. The line "Open" is supposed to stop if the value is null. In my example set the filters to Sprint = 2 and Burndown Type = Task Burndown. The blue line (Open) is supposed to show only data until 12.10.2016. At the moment it displays 0 values for any upcoming days.

I cannot just check the supress Zero-Values on the presentation tab, because the line for Supposed needs to end at a 0 value and also the Open line could end on a 0 value.

Capture.PNG

The display of the data should remain exactly the same with the only difference that the blue line should stop on 12.10.2016.

Thank you all in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Change your expression to :

=if ( Sum(Open) > 0 , Sum(Open) ,null())

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Set the expression's background colour like this :

if(sum(Open)=0,white())

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the reply.

But this is not 100% what I wanted to achieve. At the moment the line on the 0 values disappeared but at the end of the current value the lin still goes down. Any idea on how I can prevent that? I just want it to stop at the height the last day with data had.

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Change your expression to :

=if ( Sum(Open) > 0 , Sum(Open) ,null())

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, that worked great. I had to change the null values to -1 in the load script and change your expression to

if ( Sum(Open) >= 0 , Sum(Open) ,null()) in order to be able to show 0 if it is 0 and not null.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sunny

You are good at cunning set analysis. 

Whilst the above works do you know a way of doing this with set analysis to replace the if ?

stalwar1

sunny_talwar

Bill -

I think the problem is that we somehow need to make the expression give you Null() instead of 0 because as long as it is zero, the 'Suppress Zero Values' will be needed to check. I don't think set analysis can force an expression to give a zero. The only other way I can think of doing this is may be like this:

=Sum(Open) * Avg(Open)/Avg(Open)

Where Avg(Open) will be null instead of 0 like in the case of Sum. Not sure if this is any better than using an if here