Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Qlik Sense Desktop - Run in Browser - Did you know?

Hey Guys - it is fantastic to see all the questions and activity thus far.

Please check back often for the latest updates on samples, videos, tips and techniques using Qlik Sense!

BTW....

Did you know?

• Did you know you can access your Qlik Sense hub from a supported web browser?

7-24-2014 4-38-30 PM.jpg

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
14 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee
Author

Hello Isaias - yes only when using Qlik Sense Enterprise or Qlik Sense Cloud - Qlik Sense Desktop is a free product licensed for individual business or personal use. When Desktop is started - it also runs a local listener that will only accept 1 connection from the local enviroment. It is not meant to be used as a server.

Please see these resources to learn more:

New to Qlik Sense Videos

HTH

If applicable. please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Dalton_Ruer
Support
Support

I just came across another very useful reason ... I've embedded an extension that calls a web service to generate a PDF/XLS file for me. That web service call only works when going through the browser mode and doesn't work when going through Sense Desktop.

Glad I found this post and figured I would chime in with another great reason to try desktop via the web browser instead

Not applicable

Hey Michael,

I also see I can access .../dev-hub

Can I access .../qmc ? I expect not; I'm guessing QMC (Qlik Sense Management Console)  does not come out of the box with Qlik Sense Desktop, am I right?     

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

QMC is not for desktop version.

AzharQlik
Contributor II
Contributor II

NO, That doesnt works.