Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bhelms
Creator
Creator

Change AccessPoint Category in Meta File?

Hi Everyone,

I have an application that is published to the AccessPoint and is under the Default Category. I would like to change it to a different category name without having to republish the application. I tried to change it in the Meta file but that didn't seem to work. Has anyone done this before?

5 Replies
image242
Creator
Creator

Hi Brian,

You should be able to do it via the QMC:

• Documents/User Documents/click on the file you want to change the category for/click on Document Information on the right/choose a category or type one in/click apply

Jason

bhelms
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank You Jason,

I was not aware that this was an option. It is helpful, but not exactly what I need. The problem is we have files coming from different developers that we are just pushing right to the published folder for testing (without using the QEMC) and they would like it to have a different category, so I was trying to figure out a way to automate it, which is where I came up with the Meta file. It appears to be stored in the Meta file, but changing the value doesn't change how it appears on the AccessPoint. Thanks again for the help though. If we find out that this isn't possible, we can use your method and is easier than creating a task for every one of them.

marcus_sommer

I wouldn't recommend to manipulate the qv-server system/config-files else to use the qmc or the api to changes settings: https://community.qlik.com/search.jspa?q=Qlikview+Management+API&type=document‌.

- Marcus

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Changing the Meta file? How exactly do you change the Meta file that is created by QVS to go with every newly published document?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The Management API has Class definitions for all objects and (almost) every property that you can find in the QMC is also available tthru the Management API.

Have a look at these two to create a tool that scans document lists and assigns a new category based on the folder where they reside in:

QMSAPI.DataObjects.DocumentMetaData.UserDocument.PathName

QMSAPI.DataObjects.DocumentMetaData.DocumentMetaDataDocumentInfo.Category

More info about exposed objects and properties can be found in the API reference: QMS API Documentation - Version 11

Peter