Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I add the value to be displayed with my reference line?

I built a bar chart with a custom reference line "capacity". It allows me the option to label it "capacity" and have that label appear in my chart. But could the value also appear? For example:

So if my "capacity" reference line appears at 7 on my Y axis, I would like the label to say "Capacity 7"

If my filters change and the "capacity" reference line now appears at 10 on my y-axis, I would like the label to say "Capacity 10"

Is that possible?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

Please see below and example attached.

capacity_reference.PNGcapacity_reference2.PNG

View solution in original post

10 Replies
sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share a sample to see what you have?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I can't, but what I have is a bar chart showing Resource Effort.

I added a reference line called "capacity" I can add the label to the reference line, which I did.

But i would like the label to also have the value. So if my reference line "capacity" is at 10. I would like it to say "10"

Then if i change some filters and the reference line "capacity" drops to 8, I want it to now say 8. Like a dynamic label that changes based on filter selections.

robert_mika
Master III
Master III

I guess , you will need to use variable in format:

='Capacity' & $(v_CapacityValue)

As Sunny pointed,please share a sample .

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Here is an example, my reference line "capacity" is at 7. I would like the label to say "Capacity 7"

then if I change some filters and the "capacity" line goes up to 8, I would like the label to say "Capacity 8"

capacity line.PNG

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

What the 'Custom' part of the reference line, I presume this is an expression, if so, what's the expression please?

Andy

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I added a screenshot

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

Please see below and example attached.

capacity_reference.PNGcapacity_reference2.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

As per my post below you can add the following to your Capacity label..

label:

='Capicity ' & [YourCapacityExpression]

sunny_talwar

I think you need to look at these settings on the presentation tab. When you are on the Reference Lines window, enable Show Label in Chart and then you can use a calculations such as that provided by Robert below. This will be dynamic and should change based on your selections.

Capture.PNG