Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vikasmahajan

Export / Import Tasks from QMC

Hi,

Is there any way whether we can import / export Qlikview Task.

This is urgent.

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The ManagementService directory and QVPR contain configuration files that refer to the server name. You will have to modify those files to fit your new environment.

See here for an overview and instructions: Promoting QlikView Server Refresh Tasks to Production Environment

Best,

Peter

View solution in original post

6 Replies
stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Vikas,

In what purpose? The QVPR folder holds info about the tasks.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

There are various ways, but their availability depends on your license.

Export all tasks:

• The easiest method is making a backup. Goto QMC->System->Setup->Management Service->Repository. You can perform a single backup to a directory of your own choice. (Requires a Publisher license.)
  • You can also make the Repository independent from your QlikView installation by storing the configurion in a SQL Database.

Single tasks:

• Can be copy/pasted from the Source Documents menu (requires a Publisher license)
  • Single tasks can also be copied between QVS by configuring a Remote Management Servixce and using the Copy/Paste technique mentioned immediately above.(requires a Publisher license)

Import all tasks:

• Use the SQL Repository, or
  • Paste the QVPR files from your backup into C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\ManagementService\QVPR. This also changes your entire QlikView configuration.

Note that every QlikView Server by default makes backup copies of your QVPR before every change through the QMC. See C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\ManagementService\QVPR\Backups.

Best,

Peter

vikasmahajan
Author

Thanks Peter

Excellent !!

I will check 'N' get back you soon.

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
Not applicable

Hi Vikas

did you succeeded ?

I'ved copy all QVPR folder and copy all models files and folders and still I cant see the tasks in the new server

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The ManagementService directory and QVPR contain configuration files that refer to the server name. You will have to modify those files to fit your new environment.

See here for an overview and instructions: Promoting QlikView Server Refresh Tasks to Production Environment

Best,

Peter

Bharat_Ahuja
Contributor II
Contributor II

I just finished importing all the QMC Tasks from PROD to QA in one shot. Let me know if anyone is still struggling on that.