Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I tell if a Long-Lat coordinate falls within a polygon area?

Hi,

I am trying to find a way to determine where long-lat coordinates fall within different KML areas in my Qlik Sense maps.  Does anyone know if there is a function or geo function that allows you to do that?

Seen it asked a on here but yet to see an answer.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

There's no such function in Qlik Sense. It's not really an GIS analysis tool like for example ArcGis.

If you want to calculate this in the script you'd have to implement in javascript or vbscript something like this: Test Whether A Point Is Inside A Complex Polygon With Spline Curves‌. You could use the resulting function inside a load statement. Maybe.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

There's no such function in Qlik Sense. It's not really an GIS analysis tool like for example ArcGis.

If you want to calculate this in the script you'd have to implement in javascript or vbscript something like this: Test Whether A Point Is Inside A Complex Polygon With Spline Curves‌. You could use the resulting function inside a load statement. Maybe.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi Brian,

I recommend you to try the map extension IdevioMaps.

IdevioMaps offers through its GeoAnalytics connector a wide range of operations on geometries, such as Within (which is exactly what you need), Binning, Cluster, Closer, Closest, Dissolve, Intersects and Simplify, just to name a few.

More info and live demos at QlikMarket:

http://market.qlik.com/ideviomaps-for-qlik-sense.html

Best regards,

Ana Yakushi